Part 18

Haeun waltzed into the room, super excited and passed by the entire table to get to her seat at the very front

Haeun waltzed into the room, super excited and passed by the entire table to get to her seat at the very front. This was their meeting room in which all of the 22 members of NCT could sit down and talk about plans. 

There was a huge, wooden table in the middle that from far away looked like a pill - a very wide rectangle with rounded edges. The seats were not assigned, except Haeun's which was at the very end, Taeyong to one side and Johnny to the other. Close by sat Hendery and Mark who were also key to planning missions.

Finally, the girl got to her spot but the adrenaline didn't let her sit still in her chair, therefore she remained standing. Her hands then fell onto the table creating a loud thud, making everyone's heads turn in her direction. There was a short-lived silence before Haeun took a long breath and then smiled.

"Today we'll be discussing our first mission everyone." 

The room erupted in whispers and excited shuffling. The girl looked to her left towards Hendery who sent her a short nod and so she cleared her throat making everyone shut up.

"It will be a spy mission. Objective: gathering information. Gang: White Slicers"

The 2 spies, Yangyang and Xiaojun gave each other a high five.

"But you two aren't the only ones going." She quickly interrupted, making them stop. "This is a bigger scale mission. We must have many ears to find out as much information as we can in one go. There is also no violence plan, a clean plan as well as a clean get away."

Haeun looked around at everyone before continuing to speak. "WayV will be assisting me with this mission. Each one of you will have a specific role. Remember, we're making this as realistic as possible."

The girl then took out a paper and coughed slightly before reading it out. "Kun and Winwin will pose as two of their young shareholders from China. Yangyang will be a waiter and Xiaojun a bartender. Hendery will stay in a vehicle outside, ready for emergency retreat if needed. I will go in as just a customer to try to flirt my way-"

"Haeun, no." Taeyong's strict and hardened voice suddenly resonated through the room. It sent a shiver down everyone's spine as heads turned towards him. The girl also looked his way. The face he bore was unreadable but there was a burning rage in his eyes.

"What?"

"No. You're not going." His authorative voice made everyone slightly look away. The girl sighed through gritted teeth.

"Second in command." Her voice also hardened, challenging him. "Since when do you decide what I do?"

"How can an underage girl go to a club?"

"I have a fake ID."

"That's not the point." The frustration seeped in Taeyong's voice. "You may be strong, but you're not invincible. I already know where you're going with this. You're not even going to bring any weapons, are you?"