Part 51

Jisung was hesitating

He stood right in front of her door, the hallway feeling more empty and cold than usual. She hasn't come out since yesterday and even if he did walk in, he didn't know what to expect, or even what to say as a matter of fact. Although he was still quite taken aback by the most recent news about her, he still wanted to comfort her or do anything to help her.

But Jisung's hesitation was interrupted and he slightly jumped away when the door was formed open. From there emerged a pale girl, her hair a complete mess and her clothes randomly picked out. She didn't even spare him a glance as she strolled by and towards the staircase.

He stood in place shocked as he watched her figure disappear. Was that still Ryuwon? Or maybe something had happened?

The frustration and dozens of question created a bundle in Jisung's throat, making him bite his bottom lip. Out of desperation to let out his feelings, his palm which was curled into a fist collided with the wall with a huge thud.

Surprisingly, as the boy retracted it and looked at how red his skin had become... he felt no pain. The wall seemed to have been way more impacted by the punch as it now showcased a deep hole on it.

Jisung wasn't the only one to witness the Haeun's weird state. She met many people on her way down as well as at the garage. Yet no one knew her intends.

Ten ran up to the kitchen, where many of the members were having brunch.

"Haeun just left." He declared and Taeyong put down the bun he had been biting into.

"What? With a car?" 

Ten shook his head. "She took a random motorcycle."

"Where do you think she went?" Kun asked, turning towards the second in command.

"She may have just gone over to a friend or something." Johnny shrugged as he sipped on his coffee.

"Maybe, she often visits Yuri when going through something..." Taeyong muttered, more so to assure himself rather than the others.

But that was immediately shattered as a worried looking Jeno entered the kitchen.

"Hey, Renjun, can you do me a favour?" His eyes travelled towards the chinese boy who looked up from his snack.

"What's wrong?"

"Yuri hasn't been responding texts or calls. I don't think she's okay." Jeno was on the verge panicking as this was way too out of the ordinary.

His words sent Taeyong to his feet. "Wait, so if Yuri might be in danger..."

"Haeun might be trying to rescue her. Alone." Sicheng muttered, getting a grasp on the situation.

"Renjun, track the motorcycle she took right now, we're going to her right now!" Taeyong began panicking.

"Calm down, we may be wrong. Let's first listen to the call." Johnny exclaimed in his calm tone.

That immediately sent some of them speeding towards Renjun's camera room. They were met with Jisung along the way. He had to physically push Lucas to get him to stop.

"What's going on?" The young boy asked.

"There might be something wrong with Yuri and Haeun set off, so everyone's kind of worried." Lucas explained hurriedly. At that moment, Donghyuck was passing them both by and snapped his head in their direction hearing their conversation.

"Haeun did what?"

"We may be wrong tho. Renjun is going to track the call." Lucas pushed Jisung and the 2 set off running towards the camera room, Donghyuck following suit.

The atmosphere was tense as they entered, Renjun typing away at the keyboard at a furious speed and Taeyong hovering above him. There was a piercing silence as they all watched the chinese boy hack into the phone company with ease, tracking down Haeun's recent calls.

He opened a file and recordings of her most recent calls appeared on the screen. She didn't call many people, but all of her contacts had their names. Except the most recent one.

"Open it." Taeyong ordered, hungry eyes staring at the giant screen. Renjun obeyed and double-clicked and the audio clip began playing."

"Hello?" Haeun asked.

"Hi, Haeun. How have you been?"

"Who are you?" Her voice became firm.

"An old... friend. But now I realize that I actually knew nothing about you. That's just not right, Haeunnie."

"Are you perhaps-"

A piercing, female scream interrupted her.

"Ah, hyung, can't you see I'm on the phone?? "

"Its not my fault that she yells at everything!" A different male voice barked, barely audible since must've been standing further away.

"Who is that?!" Haeun asked in a demanding voice, beginning to breathe heavily showing how panicked she was becoming.

"So, I got your friend, Yuri here with me. Chuwol hyung and I just want you to come and play. Both of us need to finish what you started with us."

But Jisung did not hear the rest of the recording as he ran off.

This is climbing up