Chapter 4

(Time Skip: Next morning)

Victoria's P.O.V

"Hey..."

I moaned at the sound of a voice, shifting my head to the side as I felt knuckles rub across my cheek.

"Sweetheart..." The voice continued to coo, "Wake up."

Opening my eyes I saw sunlight leak in through the only small window in the room and through the bottom of the door. Andrew was kneeling down next to me, smiling down at my sleeping form.

I sat up, leaning my head against  the wooden pole in front of me, "Why are you watching me sleep?"

"How could I resist watching a beautiful flower such as yourself resting peacefully?"

Tiredness prevented me from sending him a glare or coming up with a feisty comment. We continued to look into each other's eyes, that burning desire beginning to regretfully burn in the pit of my stomach. I wasn't until I noticed the small piece of bread in his hands that I adverted my gaze away from him.

"Why do you have bread?" I ask, waking up a bit more as I sat up straighter.

"Well, I thought you might have been hungry."

With my hands in front of me I reached out to grab the bread but he pulled it just out of the way of my hands. I was confused why he was keeping it away from until I saw the teasing smile of his once again. I tried to read his eyes what he was thinking but all I could see was his usual cockiness.

"What are you-"

He held up his finger to interrupt me, "I will give you the bread but, you have to let me feed you."

"What? I can feed myself-" I tried to grab the bread again but he moved it away.

"Either I feed you or you don't get food."

Narrowing my eyes I turned my head away. My stomach growled at me in protest but I refused to give in. I didn't care if I was hungry, it was embarrassing to be fed like a child.

"So...?" He pushed the bread up towards my mouth.

I moved my head away again, pinching my lips tightly together to prevent anything being forced into my mouth. He sighed, knowing I wasn't going to change my mind and stood up.

"Fine." He bit into the bread himself and walked back to his desk.

I watched Andrew leaning over the map again, tracing his finger across the marks that were scrawled over different routes around the large continents. It seemed like those were the places he has sailed perviously with his crew. I shivered to think he was just like Captain Williams, causing havoc and robbing the innocent people working along the shores. But even though I was just a hostage to him, Andrew didn't seem to be cruel. Not in the way Williams was.

"How long have you been sailing?" I ask, curious about who Andrew is.

He leaned his head upwards in thought, "All of my life. My father used to own this ship, and so did his father before that. When he passed away I took control of it. Why? Curious?"

I looked away from his intense gaze, "Yes..."

"Glad to know you take interest in me." He teased.

My face instantly heated, "N-No! I-I was just...asking..."

His laughter rang out into the air, happy with my reaction to his teasing. It was clear that he enjoyed making me flustered much to my dismay. I continued watching Andrew look over the map and scrawl words down in a small leather journal. The room grew quiet again until the cheers and shouts of his crew were heard along the deck. After hearing them I found myself craving for a breath of fresh air and the feeling of the sun against my skin.