Chapter 3

Victoria's P.O.V

I glared at the man standing in front of his desk in his room, walking around and examining things without a care in the world. I on the other hand was crouched down onto the floor, tied down to another pole behind my back with my wrists bound together tightly again with another roughly textured rope.

Andrew noticed my sour face and only smiled in a teasing way, "What's with that mean look on your pretty face?"

The way he talked made my blood boil, he knew that he was getting under my skin and I hated him for that.

"Let me go you bastard!" I scream at him, struggling against the ropes again.

"You've got quite the mouth on you." He knelt down in front of me, "Even if I did let you go, where would you go? There is nothing for miles."

I raised my chin up into the air, "I would jump into the ocean and swim back to land."

"The sharks would get to you before you reached it."

"It's better then staying here."

"You speak bold words."

I looked off to the side, taking a breath to calm my pounding heart from all of the anger I felt. When I glanced back Andrew's eyes were wondering downwards over my figure. His gaze made me squirm and feel uncomfortable but there was still emotion hiding behind those free filled eyes. Not just the adoration like he was looking at something beautiful.

"What's this?" He asked, pulling on my chain of my necklace that was hiding underneath my dress like always.

Immediately I got protective, turning my wrists around with no luck of getting them free, "Don't touch that!"

He pulled onto the chain until the semi heavy pendant dropped, picking it up with his fingers, "Well, there isn't much you could do about it, can you?"

I shot another glare at him but he didn't care. He continued examining the dark blue stone with gentle black highlights, turning it endlessly in his fingers. The expression he wore almost looked the same to Captain Williams when he saw it for the first time, like he recognized it from somewhere.

"It's quite a pretty necklace." He commented.

"My grandmother gave it to me."

"I see, although you don't need to worry." He dropped the pentdant, "You are still more beautiful."

"Why would I worry about what you think of me?!"

He stood up and walked back over his desk, "I thought that a woman always needed to be reminded of how they look."

"Well then you have seaweed in your head because that is not true!"

He placed the palms of his hands on his desk, that stupid smirk still across his face, "You seem to like it though sweetheart."

Hearing the nickname my cheeks couldn't help but set ablaze out of my control. No witty comments or snappy words came to mind so I just sat there, looking off to the side to avoid his powerful gaze that could read me faster then anyone else.

"Oh? No comebacks? I think I just found your weakness."

I clenched my teeth, "No you didn't! And don't call me that!"

"What? Sweetheart? But I think the name suits you very well."

"It's not my name though!"

"Like that is going to stop me."

I huff angrily, shutting my mouth to avoid speaking to him anymore. I listened to the sounds of the ocean water licking at the wooden ship, the crew running around to hoist the sails and turn the ship, and Andrew mumbling to himself from time to time at a map sprawled out on his desk. It irritated me because there was not much I could do, being restricted to the pole I was practically attached to. But when night came, due to my arms being tied behind me, I couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep in so I kept squirming around.