Chapter 8

Victoria's P.O.V

The next few days and nights I was allowed to roam the ship, getting thanked by the crew for bringing them back to life. We all celebrated each of those nights with drinks, dancing, music, or telling old stories. Those days were the best in my life, living with Andrew who I loved and being able to sail the seas without a care in the world, drowning in the complete freedom I felt.

But as more days passed I began to think about my life back on the land, how Adrain and my mother were doing. It was wrong of me to disappear so suddenly and even though I didn't agree with my mother about anything she still had the crushing debt against her shoulders. If I had to fix my life I had to do so from land, not from the sea. But I worried if I left I would never see Andrew again or at least I wouldn't see him for a long time.

"Victoria?"

I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder, Andrew behind me. I was sitting at his desk in his room, the moon giving off small amounts of light but I had lit a lamp to be able to see. I was looking over the map he always had on his desk as well as the small leather notebook where he scribbled down destinations, trading notes, and observations.

"S-Sorry. I couldn't help myself." I forced a happy smile and closed his notebook.

"That's okay. Is there something wrong? You've been allowed to walk around and yet you stayed in here all day."

"I just have a lot of my mind."

"Hm...you do?"

I saw the smirk on his face and easily picked out his teasing voice. He bent down to kiss my neck very softly while running his hands down my arms. Before I knew it I was pulled up to my feet and my lips were immediately taken over. I ran my hands through his messy black hair, tugging just a little closer as his arms were tightly wrapped around my waist. We were searching again for that emotional closeness that we craved from each other, that desire always lingering in between us. But the more we kissed and our hands ran greedily over our bodies it made it harder for me to tell him the decision I have made.

"A-Andrew..." I gasped out, trying to catch my breath.

He pulled away, his hand wrapping around the back of my neck as his lips stayed close to mine, "Yes?"

"I have to leave."

This time he fully pulled away, looking down at me in confusion, "What?"

"I have to go back to England. Back to my mother and fiancé."

"Why? I thought you ran away from them for a reason."

"I still have some things I need to take care of back on land. But it's hard to do so because I love you."

"I love you too." He pressed his lips to mine in a short kiss, "Do you really have to go?"

I nodded, "Yes..."

He didn't answer me, only taking over my mouth again with his in passionate kisses. We held onto each other even tighter, knowing that these next few days will be our last together.

Over the next few days Andrew ordered his men to sail in the direction of England where I will be able to go back to Adrain's mansion. On top of that Andrew had a hard time being away from me but I also did too. We couldn't keep our hands off of each other, knowing that once I was on land again we didn't know when we would see each other again or even if we would ever see each other again. It was heartbreaking, finally falling in love with someone who didn't think I was childish or crazy and I was being forced to leave them. But I had to do things, I had to be the one to make my life the way I wanted it to be.