40

"Ou, wear this," Aria said while picking up a black leather skirt of mine, and the smile on my face immediately fell. "What?"

I shook my head, "Nothing...just...not that." I grabbed the skirt from her hand and stuffed it into my trunk where I kept my party outfits.

Natalie frowned, "You okay?" and I gave a simple nod. "The skirt is cute. Why did it change your mood?"

I sighed, "It was what I wore to an art gallery with Damien. I shouldn't have even packed it."

"Damien wanted you to move on, not stress over never wearing a skirt because you last wore it with him," Aria said.

Natalie agreed, "It's been six months now. In three months, school will be out for the summer break, yet you've barely done anything fun all school year. You barely even spend time with the gang anymore, Sa."

"I know," I sighed as I sat between Aria and Natalie, and the both rested their head in my shoulder. "I'm sorry. I've just been pushing everyone away because you all seemed so happy, and I'm...I'm sad and alone."

"You're not alone," Aria disagreed.

Natalie added, "You unfortunately have to deal with us for life." We all chuckled before Natalie picked up a knitted sweater dress. "How about this and some over the knee boots?"

I smiled, "Yes."

Four hours later
We all chuckled at the joke Blake made before everyone started having side conversations.

"Hey," Ashton said from beside me.

I turned to him and smiled, "Hey. Great game out there, and congrats on the win."

"Thanks," he smiled. "I'm glad you came. You look great, by the way."

"Thank you," I blushed a bit. "If I knew you were so good of a player I would've maybe given thought to coming to more of your games."

Ashton and I chuckled before he smiled, "I'm assuming I'll see you at more games then?"

"Yeah," I confirmed.

"And about the project...should we exchange numbers?" he asked.

I shyly nodded, "I suppose we should."

I handed him my phone and he typed and saved his number in it before handing me his for me to do the same.

"How was theater club?" he asked with what seemed to be genuine interest.

"Actually shitty," I answered with a light chuckle.

Ashton frowned, "How comes?"

"I couldn't get my lines right, and so I was called a nincompoop by Mr.Gala," I answered. "We have a school play coming up so he's taking things extra seriously."

"The other day I heard of a play coming up," he nodded. "If only I had known you'd be in it. I hope you don't mind seeing my face in the crowd."

I shyly shook my head, "I wouldn't mind."

"Great," he smiled. "Maybe after we can grab a drink or something."

"Yeah," I nodded. "Wouldn't you have practice that Friday though?"

Ashton playfully winked, "I'll call in sick." I chuckled and nodded in agreement,and he chuckled as well before sipping his milkshake. From beside me, Aria nudged me in my stomach and smiled, and from across the table,Natalie sent a quick wink my way. I playfully rolled my eyes at their behavior before shifting my focus to Ashton again. "So...is there any other interesting hobbies you'd like to share with me?"

I chuckled, "I'm a boring girl. If Aria and Natalie don't beg for me to go out with them, I'm pretty much inside my room."

"Well, you don't seem so boring to me," he smiled lightly. "I'd like to get to know you better."

"Why?" I asked, remembering what my parents had said about people wanting to get close to me for money or power.

Ashton blushed, "Cause I think you're very beautiful and smart. To be completely honest with you, I've had a crush on you since last semester."

I blushed, "Oh..."

"...So?" Ashton asked, and I shrugged.

"What?" I slightly frowned.

"Can I get to know you better?" he asked, causing me to blush.

I shyly nodded, "Yeah, sure."

Ashton smiled, "Okay."

In an attempt to continue the conversation, I asked, "Do you have any ideas for the project?"

"Not yet, no," he shook his head. "Do you?" I shook my head, and he said, "We can brainstorm tomorrow then."

"Okay," I agreed.