41

"So you and Ashton...?" Natalie asked as the gang sat down at a table in the cafeteria.

I chuckled, "We barely know each other, Nat. We're not dating."

"Yet?" Aria asked, and I shrugged.

I answered, "He said that he wants to get to know me better and that he thinks I'm pretty and smart."

Zach asked, "So you're talking then?"

I shrugged, "I rather not assume anything. Right now we're just classmates."

Justin asked, "Are you...over D-"

"No," I shook my head. "....I still think about him, but it's been six months. I don't know if he's ever coming back. I don't wanna move on, even though he told me to, but-"

Justin shook his head, "You don't have to explain. I understand. Ashton's a nice guy too."

Zach added, "Yeah, he's not like some of the other players on the team, even though he's just as popular."

Justin nodded, "That's true. And he has nice grades too."

"And he's funny," Aria added, causing Zach to frown. She chuckled, "I have art with him."

"And he's cute too," Natalie added. "He seems like a good package so far."

Justin teased, "I'm telling Nico you called another guy cute."

Natalie rolled her eyes while giving Justin the middle finger, and we all chuckled.

I chuckled, "The fact that you all are trying to play match maker..."

Aria shrugged, "Well, you've been so distant lately. We're all just worried that not seeing Damien has you depressed or something. At least enjoy your last three months."

Zach added, "Ashton doesn't live too far from you either. If things get serious, you can see each other over the summer, but if it doesn't, that's okay too."

"Yeah," Junior agreed. "I say give him a shot."

"Me too," Aria, Natalie, and Zach said.

I playfully sighed, "Fine," and they all chuckled. "We're partners for a project now so we should be seeing each other more often."

"Don't practice end the same time as your theater club?" Justin slightly frowned, and I nodded. "Oh, wow. That's perfect timing."

"Facts," Zach agreed.

Later that day
Ashton tucked his hands in his pants as we walked side by side. Outside was very cold and windy, so I assumed he was getting cold.

"We can walk faster if you're cold," I said, and he shook his head.

"I'm not cold," he clarified. "I'm just...nervous...and shy, I guess."

I blushed in response because that's how I was feeling as well. "Me too," I admitted.

"You are? What for?" he asked, and I shrugged.

"I don't know," I answered. "You just make me a bit shy and nervous."

"Well, I get shy and nervous because you're so pretty, and I don't wanna make a fool out of myself," he said.

I chuckled, "Well, you're doing great so far," and he chuckled as well. "So...I found out that you take art with Aria."

"Yeah," he smiled. "I've always liked art and stuff. It's something I've always done on the side, but football is my main passion."

"Cool," I nodded. "I'm into art as well."

His eyebrows raised as he asked, "Really?"

I chuckled, "Why is that so surprising?"

"Nothing," he chuckled. "I'm just taken aback. I thought you said you didn't have anymore interesting hobbies?"

I smiled, "I don't. Besides, I thought you'd think art is boring."

"Well, I don't," he smiled. "I think theater is cool too, by the way. I used to be in a theater club in middle school."

"No way!" I smiled. "The Ashton Greene was in a theater club?"

Ashton chuckled while shaking his head in amusement. He then shrugged, "People tend to think that because I'm popular and play sports that I'm one of those player boys that get drunk with the guys on a weekly basis and have no other interest."

I chuckled, "Now, I wasn't assuming all of that."

He smiled, "Good, cause that's not me."

"And what are you like?" I asked as we walked into my dorm building. We were gonna work on the project in my room.

He shrugged, "Kind, humble, artistic, creative....maybe funny- I'd hope so." We both chuckled before he continued speaking. "I like football, theater, art, and dance- shocking, I know!" We laughed again as we made it up the stairs and to my dorm room. "If football doesn't workout, I plan to become a lawyer, and that's pretty much it, I guess."

"What kind of shows are you interested in?" I asked as I opened my room door.

"I only watch supernatural, 13 Reasons Why, and Legacies, to be honest," he answered. "I don't really watch tv shows like that. I'm more of a movie and video games person."

I smiled, "Well, I watch those same shows too, and I know a little about video games. GTA V was my favorite. My brother used to let me play in his PS4, but now there's GTA 6 and a space ship looking PS5." Ashton and I chuckled before I continued, "I'm actually feening to play it when I go home."

"That's one of my favorite games too," he connected. "I actually have a PS5 and GTA 6 in my dorm, so if you wanna play there sometime, you can."

"I'd like that," I nodded with a smile. We then got situated and began to discuss our plans for the project.