54

"Hey, Grandma!" Nico eagerly smiled as Grandma entered the house. I closed the door behind her and waited for Nico to stop strangling her in his hug so that I could get a turn.

Grandma teased, "If it isn't my favorite grandson."

Nico chuckled, "I'm your only grandson," as he pulled away, and she gave him a kiss on the forehead while cupping his cheek.

"You've grown so much in the past four months I've seen you," she smiled happily. "How's work and Natalie?"

"Both very great," Nico smiled. His phone then rang so he respectfully said, "Excuse me real quick," before walking away and taking the call. Grandma then turned to Damien and me and smiled.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite granddaughter," she smiled, and I chuckled in response while giving her a tight hug. "You've also grown so much. You look as beautiful as ever!"

I blushed, "Thanks, Grandma. I have to admit, you do too."

She teased, "Good to know yoga is paying off." I chuckled in response and broke the hug, and she looked to Damien. "Damien, right?"

Damien nodded, "Uh, yes, ma'am."

They had met about twice before but never really said much to each other. Damien had been introduced to her as Nico's friend, so that's all Grandma knew of him.

She smiled, "I've heard a lot about you recently."

...Or not.

"Such as?" I asked as the three of us walked to the living room.

As we sat down, Grandma answered, "For starters, that the two of you are dating. I thought it was cute, unlike your father." She chuckled a bit before asking, "How are you both?"

"Good," I answered while looking at Damien, and he stared back at me.

Grandma then asked, "Why not great?" Damien took my hand in his and nodded, and we turned our attention to my grandmother. I parted my lips to speak, but she spoke before me. "Oh, I see. You're pregnant."

I frowned, "How did you k-"

"Please," she chuckled. "How long?"

"Two months and three weeks," Damien and I answered in unison, and I was a bit surprised that he was keeping track.

"We wanted some advice from you on whether I should have an abortion," I said while squeezing Damien's hand. I didn't know how she'd react or if she'd tell my parents before me, but speaking with her was a risk I had to take. Damien caressed my hand with his thumb, soothing my nervousness.

Grandma inhaled and exhaled a long, deep breath before replying, "Ultimately, that's a decision you'd have to make by yourself. If you keep the baby, it'll be a lot. Taking care of a child isn't something easy. You'll both be under a lot of pressure sometimes, but there's joy within child birth and care. If you wish to keep the baby, I'd be happy to help in anyway possible, but I would prefer that you wait until you're older, my flower. Flowers take time to bloom, and so should you. There's no rush to have a family, especially at your age. I think it would be best if you wait until after you have a good portion of your life figured out, but I want you to know that I support any decision you wish to make."

I nodded in understanding and gratitude. "Thank you for speaking with us," I said, and she smiled.

"Anytime, my love," she smiled she then looked at Damien and asked, "Do you think you're ready for a child?"

Damien shrugged, "I'm not sure. I want one, yes, but I don't know if I'm ready for one so soon."

Grandma frowned, "Why didn't you both use protection then if you're both unsure about raising a child?"

"We did, ma'am. I think the condom broke or had a small tear or something. I don't know," Damien answered.

Grandma nodded while sighing. She then asked, "Are you willing to take responsibility and raise the child with her if she chooses to keep the baby?"

Damien nodded, "Of course I would. I'd make sure she wouldn't be alone through any of it."

Grandma nodded, "It's clear to me that you both love each other very much. My question to you both is: are you two in love with each other?"

I looked at Damien for a second and blushed while staring at the ground. I didn't want to say yes only for him to say that we were moving too fast. I was pretty sure I was in love with Damien. I just didn't know if he felt that way about me as yet.

Damien's palm began sweating a bit as he tilted my chin so that I could look him in his eyes. He then blushed, "I've been in love with you for a while, I've just been a bit afraid to tell you."

I blushed while confessing, "Me too, Damien. I'm in love with you too."

He smiled warmly at me and pecked my lips, before we turned out attention to my grandmother again, who was widely smiling. "You two remind me of Nickolas' father and myself. I assume you haven't told Nickolas nor Sage as yet. I won't either."

"Thank you," I nodded.

"Although, I think they should know," she said, hinting that she wanted us to tell them too.

Damien nodded, "They have all right to. We're waiting for them to come tomorrow so that we can tell them in person."

Grandma smiled, "Good. I'll spend the night so that I can calm Nickolas down when you tell him."

Damien and I chuckled, "That would be great!"