52

"Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots!" Aria, Justin, and Zach chanted, and Natalie and Nico chuckled while sliding everyone glasses. Immediately, Damien and I connected eyes before both looking away.

Nico began pouring the liquor in everyone's glass, and I shook my head for mine. Justin frowned, "When have you ever turned down a shot?"

"Never," Natalie frowned as well.

"I still haven't fully recovered from last week," I lied. "I took some medicine this morning and don't want it to mix with the alcohol."

Nico nodded while watching me with a look that said he wasn't too sure about my answer, but didn't question me any further.

"I'll have that shot for her," Zach said, and Nico filled my glass and handed it to Zach.

Everyone else took a shot before Natalie cuffed my arm with hers and began pulling me away. We walked to the front of the house and she asked, "You okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded while maintaining eye contact for as long as I could.

"Only you and Aria are my best friends, and I know you both pretty well," Natalie chuckled, "so I know something's wrong." Timely, the door behind us opened and Aria came walking out too, causing me to sigh.

Aria playfully frowned, "How dare you two sneak away without me? Also, what's up with you, Sa?"

"Nothing," I sighed. "I'm fine."

Aria frowned, "Wait, Nat, you smell something?"

Natalie frowned, "See, I was boutta ask you that too. What that smell like?"

"I don't know...bullshit?" Aria shrugged.

Natalie chuckled, "I thought so too."

I playfully rolled my eyes before sighing, "I'm pregnant."

Aria's and Natalie's eyebrows immediately raised in surprise at my confession.

"Not what I was expecting," Aria said, shock clear on her face. "Does Damien know?"

I nodded, "I told him when we left to buy the drinks."

Natalie asked, "How did he respond? How did you respond?"

"Are you both happy? Are you going to keep it?" Aria asked.

"One question at a time," I chuckled, and they chuckled as well. "He was neutral, and said that he'll supports any decision I choose. When I found out, I was and still am lost. I don't know if I wanna keep it. I don't know what he wants either."

Natalie asked, "What's going on in your head?"

I shrugged, "Well, I think Damien will be happy. I know he wants a family someday, and this could be the start to that. I'm not the biggest fan of kids, but I do want a family someday too. At the same time, there's an age difference between Damien and me. He's older and has had a lot more experiences than I have. I also don't know if my parents would be happy and support me if I keep the baby, but Damien said that if anything, he'll get somewhere near the school for us to live and will take care of the baby while I'm at school and doing homework and stuff. I don't know if I'm ready for all of that though. I'd love to live with him, yeah, but a baby will be a big responsibility- especially if we have to take care of it on our own. And then what if it changes us and makes us shift apart? What if we break up? What would that mean for the baby? There's just so much to think about and so little time. I'm already two months pregnant. I don't have forever to figure out whether I want to keep the baby."

Aria suggested, "I think you and Damien should have a more in depth talk."

Natalie agreed, "There's definitely a lot you need to talk about."

Aria added, "You both just have to go with your gut feeling."

I sighed, "You're both right. I'll talk to him tonight."