45

"Hello?" Damien answered, and my heart began speeding out of my chest.

"Hey, Damien," I answered. "How are you and how's your arm?"

There was a moment of silence before he answered, "I'm fine. My arm healed a few months back so I'm back in action. How are you?"

"The same," I answered. "Um...I wanted to talk to you about last week. I-"

Damien cut me off saying, "No, it's fine. I want you to enjoy college and have whatever freedom you want. I never wanted to restrict you in any way. That's why I told you to move on, and I don't blame you for finally doing so."

"I'm not over you," I shook my head. "I haven't moved on- not entirely. I only started talking to this guy last month."

Damien asked, "Do you have feelings for him?"

I sighed, "Developing, yes."

"And is he good to you?" Damien questioned.

"Yes, I guess," I nodded.

"Then I'm happy for you, Sagacity. Pursue him if you want to. I'll be okay," he said in a casual tone, but I knew that what he was telling me was straight bullshit. I knew he was hurting but wanted my best interest.

"Damien," I sighed, "my feelings haven't changed for you despite your absence."

Damien sighed, "That doesn't matter. You heard your dad. I can't protect you, and I'll always cause danger. This new guy is your chance at being with someone who won't cause the problems I nearly caused."

"You told me fucking with you would be problematic, and I told you that I didn't mind. Stop making this anymore difficult for me!" I sighed. "I know what I want. I know who I want. I only took a week to tell you this because I've been trying to convince myself to give him a chance, but I can't stop thinking about you. When I'm around him, I think of you. When I'm asleep, I think of you. When I wake up,I think of you. Before I go to sleep, I think of you. You never leave my mind, and I don't want you to. I still love you, Damien."

"I love you too, City, but-" Damien got out before I cut him off.

"I hear you, I do, but I'm content with my decisions. Please don't make this more difficult than it is. I wanna stop things with him from now before I complicate things even more," I said. "What I feel for him isn't strong, but I don't want him to feel like I'm playing with his feelings or anything."

"Okay," Damien said. "Are you sure you wanna choose me over him?"

I nodded, "Yes."

"Okay, love," he replied. "Where do you wanna take this? Do we start over fresh or-"

"We can pick up where we left off," I shook my head. "Is that good with you?"

"Yeah," he answered, and I imagined his flawless smile. "I really miss you, City. Can't wait to see you again."

I widely smiled, "The same goes for me. I've dreamt of your return for months now. I can't believe I'm finally gonna see you again in two months."

"Me too," he huffed. "I've been in isolation for so long that I honestly thought I'd never see the light of day."

"At least it was worth it," I shrugged. "The threat is basically over now. Hopefully my father can find your mother soon and find out if she's a threat. Maybe they might even find her before three months, and you could get out of isolation sooner."

Damien agreed, "Hopefully." He then asked, "Do you think your parents are still upset about what happened between the two of us?"

"If they are, they'd be super petty," I chuckled. "My dad might be a bit tough on you though."

Damien chuckled, "As expected. That's not the impression I wanted to make with him, especially after all that he's done for me. I was honestly just scared that he'd flip out on me if I had told him."

I chuckled, "And you have a great reason to believe that. My dad has a very short temper. I've always been afraid to get him upset. I was surprised when he only grounded Nico and me. I thought we'd be sent into a dungeon in hell or something." Damien burst into laughter, and a wide smile spread across my face. I haven't heard that sound in months. "I wanna kiss you so badly," I chuckled at random, his laugh making me feel warm and giddy inside.

"Shit, me too," Damien chuckled. "I miss those lips."

"The ones on my face or the ones between my legs?" I teased playfully.

Damien seductively answered, "Both, babe. You better stop before you get me excited though."

I chuckled, "I was about to say the same to you. Watch when I see you."

"Keep that energy," he chuckled seductively, and I bit into my bottom lip.

I further teased, "If I don't need a new box spring when we're done-"

"I'll stack up on condoms from now," he chuckled, and I laughed as well.