THE DANCE~ pt. 3

pls listen to song I beg

Y/n arrived at school. The day before the dance. Oh, she was so excited! She really did love decorating and preparing. The student council and a few other helpers were permitted 'the day off'. Well, not really. They were still in school, just not in uniform and out of classes.

Y/n walked around the massive school hall with a grand stairway with a large area to stand on for the hosts — the council.

Of course, it was a school for the most talented and amazing people, so it was pretty beautiful. The ballroom/hall was the only old fashioned thing kept in the newly renovated school, totally standing out against the modern architectural building.

Y/n was breath taken, to say the least. Her eyes sparkled. She really did feel...at home.

The type of decoration used was just so familiar to her. Y/n's head began to sting.

She stopped thinking about what is, but what about what COULD be. Excitedly, she planned out the decoration that would be inside of the room.

The room was rather dusty, so she figured she'd call in some friends to help sweep and mop up the place. The hall wasn't really used. She recalled Mr. Valdez, the headmaster, say that the hall was used 2 decades ago, before the school caught on fire. He said it was a masquerade, but a lot of bad stuff went down.

He wouldn't say what, but Y/n would figure out - because she's y/n, obviously.

Y/n grabbed a mop and plunged it into the bucket, removing it after a few seconds of soaking in. As she mopped the floor, she danced around with it, pretending to do the waltz.

At the end of the dance with the mop covered in emoji stickers and drawings of penises and other stuff the same, she leaned back and wrapped her leg around it into a dip.

She though no one watched, but a distance clap could be heard. Y/n's head snapped up, and her e/c eyes widened. Who was that? She desperately looked around, scanning all the ballroom balcony things on the side of the rooms that overlooked the dance floor and stage above the stairs.

"That was beautiful!" Daniel giggled and ran out of wherever he was hiding, slipping over on the mopped floor.

"Oh, you think so?" Y/n was relieved it was only Daniel, the cute little friendly student council member everyone knew and loved. She winced though as he crashed down to the beautifully well tiled floor. "Are you okay?" She smiled awkwardly, offering her soft, small hand to the male wearing the red scarf.

"I-oh! Yeah, totally." Daniel was always looked down upon, being the smallest and weakest member of the council. Kai was taller than him and stronger, though they were both a bit awkward. He quickly stood up without y/n's help.

Daniel wanted to be manly for her! He wanted to be...strong. He wanted to defend her against everything in the cruel world. Though, he knew Y/n would pick another guy. What on earth could he offer her?

He pushed away his negative thoughts and smiled brightly at y/n. "You really did clean up the place, aha!"

"Oh- yeah. Thanks to the gardening club." Y/n had offered them gardening equipment if they helped, so they had no choice but to.

Daniel nodded in reply. "You know I could get my big brother Alex to help you with decoration? He's tall...strong...smart." Everything I'm not... Daniel thought to himself.

He kept smiling though, he was sure his brother would like to spend time with Y/n. His brother would be mad if he didn't pass word.

"Right! Let's get started." the pair began to string up more decoration, and talk to the school kitchen so they could prepare food. Food was the first on Y/n's list, and it really showed through the dedication to get the right type of food in her eyes.