A LION'S BITE IS WORSE THAN HIS ROAR

Jon.

Jon was feeling better, they had finally moved him down to his own rooms and while they weren't allowing him to leave, just being in familiar surroundings made him feel more comfortable. He lay in the bed and thought on what he'd been told, apparently, he drank milk that had gone bad, it seemed strange to Jon that this would lead to him collapsing, but the maester was quite insistent that it would.

When he realized the milk had made him sick he immediately worried about Joy, while he had stopped her from drinking the milk, she had spilt it and some of it may have landed on her hands or face. He was told though that she was fine and he felt an enormous sense of relief, he would never forgive himself if she got hurt because of him.

The boredom of laying in his bed and doing nothing was incredibly annoying, he felt fine now and just wanted to get back to his routine, to train and take lessons, to spend time with Joy and serve Jaime but instead, he was stuck here and would be for the next few days, luckily Tyrion had come by and left some books for him to read.

He was in the middle of reading Maester Lormas's tome on strategies and tactics for cavalry when Gerion arrived carrying Joy.

"Yon." the little girl said practically jumping from Gerion's arms.

"Joy. Missed you." Jon said as Gerion gave up the struggle and placed the girl on the bed beside him.

"Miss ooh, Yon." Joy squealed as she gave him a hug.

Jon just held the little girl and smiled while Gerion tried not to laugh, he watched as Gerion pulled a chair closer to the bed and as he did so Jon made Joy comfortable, the little girl leaning against the pillow beside him.

"Yenture Yon." Joy said excitedly and grabbed his hand.

"How about a story instead," Gerion said as he shook his head.

"No papa, Yenture, horsey's Yon." Joy looked at him her eyes wide and pleading and despite being confined to his rooms Jon would have gotten up and left with the little girl, but Gerion glared at him making it clear that was not going to happen.

Jon resignedly pointed to the small book by the side of the bed, it was a book about the great castles and keeps of Westeros and was filled with some incredible drawings of Storms End, The Rock and Winterfell, Gerion handed it to Jon who pulled Joy beside him and showed her the book.

"Want to look at the pretty pictures Joy," Jon asked.

"Pwetty filters." Joy said as she tried to grab the book from him making Gerion laugh.

Jon proceeded to spend the next hour or so showing Joy the castles and making little stories about them when he got to the Rock though was when the girl got most interested especially when he told her that princess Joy lived there.

"This is where the princess lives Joy," he said pointing at the picture.

"Me Pwincess Yon."

"Yes, you are," Jon said his smile beaming at the girl.

Unfortunately, all good things had to end and after a while the Maester arrived to check up on him, not wanting Joy to get upset while he was examined he nodded to Gerion who went to pick Joy up from the bed, something the little girl was not happy about.