I AM OF THE NIGHT

King's Landing 297 AC.

Margaery.

She like the rest of the crowd cheered when Jon took the day, the king probably the loudest of them all. But unlike the others, she cheered almost as much out of relief he hadn't been harmed as she had for the win itself, though soon she found herself frowning and looking worriedly as Jon took the plaudits. The cut over his eye looked deep to her, the blood on his face almost making her cry out.

Had her grandmother and Sansa not grabbed her hands she was sure she would have, instead she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before looking back at her husband. Jon she found was looking up to her, a smile on his face and she hoped that meant the injury wasn't too serious. As the king stood up Margaery looked around at the others, Lord Jaime and the Lannister's seemed unconcerned as did her grandmother. Joy like her and Sansa seemed the most worried of them all.

"Congratulations lad, well done and well worth the wait." the King said with a large smile on his face.

"Thank you, your grace." Jon said and as the crowd cheered once more he looked back up to her, and then nodded as he turned to leave.

She was glad the day was over with and as the crowd began to disperse she grabbed Sansa's hand, and with her grandmother and their guards, they made their way to the tents. A little in front of her she could see the Lannister's doing the same thing, Joy almost dragging her father to get there even more quickly. Margaery couldn't help but smile at that, knowing that the girl would give Jon a piece or her mind just as much as she and Sansa would.

Arriving at the tent she saw Lord Jaime walk back out of it and heading off to where his wife was changing. Nervously she stepped inside to see Joy sitting watching closely as the Maester checked the wound and Sansa looked to her and nodded before she rushed over. She was happy to see Loras come directly to her and her grandmother, her brother not looking worried at all, which made her even more relieved.

"He is well sister, a small cut, nothing to worry about." Loras said and she looked to see if he was just telling her what she wished to hear.

"You're sure Loras?" she asked, having not been able to judge if that was what he was doing.

"I'm positive, it won't even leave a bigger scar Marge, it's the old one just reopening." he said and she looked on as Jon was making Joy laugh at something he said.

It took sometime before she got the chance to even get close to him, Joy, Sansa, Gerion, Genna, and Prince Tommen all crowding him and leaving her a little out of the circle. Soon though people began to move, Jon looking to Ser Barristan who took Prince Tommen from the tent, the Maester leaving, and then once it was only people who knew the truth Jon got up and walked over to her.

Feeling his arms around her she felt herself relax into them before she moved him back so she could see the cut for herself. It looked far too deep for her liking and the stitches the Maester had used to close it made it look even worse. She saw Jon try to smile reassuringly at her but felt her anger rise, he'd been stupid, he had removed his helm and taken a serious risk of being badly harmed.

"Why, why did you take your helm off, you know better than that Jon, what were you thinking?" she said the anger in her voice far more pronounced than she had expected.

"I...didn't mean to, I mean I meant to but I thought I'd have time to put it back on." he said apologetically.

"But you didn't Jon, you risked far too much, even after promising me you would not." she said and even though it hurt to see him look at her that way, she felt he deserved her rebuke.