10

Simon paced his room, angry with himself, angry with Roman, and overall just angry with the world. He kicked the dent that Kayden had already made, his foot breaking through the drywall and into the inside of the wall.

He swore to himself, rushing over to his desk and pulling out a pack of small throwing knives. Whenever Simon had too much pent up rage, he'd throw knives at the headboard of his bed, resulting in hundreds of tiny marks in the wood.

Simon stood at the end of the bed and threw one of the knives, groaning in annoyance when it didn't stick and fell onto one of the pillows. The knife dug into the decorative pillow, making some of the feathers peek out of it.

He picked it up, more rage bubbling up in him. Lifting the knife, Simon threw it clear across the room, making it dig into one of the hanging shelves in his room that held books and a snow globe that showed the movement of the planets with the date on the base of the globe to show the day of the year.

Simon had picked up on Kayden's love for the universe and the stars, so he was sure Kayden would like the snow globe. Maybe he could give it to him as a gift and apologize for being a jerk...

"He's not going to forgive me that easily," Simon muttered, grabbing the snow globe and walking around the house searching for Kayden.

"Hey! What's the difference between an incubus and a demon?" Kayden's voice rang out from inside the library, which was responded to by a loud groan.

Simon peeked into the library and saw Kayden sitting in the corner reading a book with Paxton looking annoyed as he typed on his laptop.

"They're both forms of demons but incubus' are strictly male and in archaic times they would have sex with people who were sleeping. Now they're kind of just a weaker version of Lexi and work to seduce people and have sex with people who are often in relationships," Paxton responded, looking over at the human. "You're literally reading a book. Can't you read that as opposed to asking me?"

Kayden huffed. "It was difficult to understand. Besides, I'm getting it from the source if I ask you," he said, flipping the page. "And vampires can stop death?"

"Not once a person is dead," Paxton said, his eyes turning purple with irritation. "While a person is dying they can bite and shift the person dying into a fledgling before they pass."

Humming, Kayden closed the book. "So that's what Roman meant when-"

"Don't mention him," Simon growled, slamming the door to the library open and making Kayden jump and Paxton groan once again.

"If you two are going to argue can you take it somewhere else?" Paxton begged. "I'm really trying to get my emails done and it's hard when your soulmate keeps bothering me!"

Kayden gasped in mock hurt. "You said you liked me!"

Paxton slammed his face into the desk. "I like you when you're quiet," he said, making Simon chuckle at the interaction.

Simon made his way to his soulmate and held out the snow globe so Kayden could take it.

"Am I supposed to break this?" Kayden asked, not looking at the globe.

"No! You're supposed to look at it," Simon said, pointing at the tiny planets on the inside of the globe. "You like space so I figured you'd like this."

Kayden raised an eyebrow and held the globe closer to his face to see the little planets before looking at the numbers on the front showcasing the day of the year that it was.

"Do the planets move?" Kayden asked. "Because they appear to be in the appropriate places."

Simon smiled and sat beside the beanbag that Kayden was sitting on, ignoring the disgusted look he was receiving from the human.