19

Hunger.

That was the only thing on Kayden's mind when he came back to the world. He was still in the dark room that he remembered falling asleep in, but his mind wasn't on the room; he was starving and needed food.

Blood.

He needed blood. His entire being was craving for it. Kayden tried to sit up and go search, but he found his arms chained to the bed above his head.

Kayden shrieked in anger, pulling at the chains. He felt stronger than he had been when he fell asleep, but it still wasn't enough to free himself from the chain.

He needed to escape; he needed blood and he needed the vampire that turned him.

Roman.

Kayden's mind suddenly registered the name of the vampire who had changed him. He didn't know what he'd do, but he needed the vampire near him.

"Roman!" he shrieked, sobbing as he pulled at the binds. "Roman!"

The door was pushed open and Kayden saw the vampire that he craved; he could smell the sweet blood running through his veins.

"Ah..." Roman trailed off. "I can see the pink in your eyes."

Kayden winced at the light flowing through the door. "Too bright," he whispered, closing his eyes, only to open them again when he heard the door close.

He could see so much better in the dark, and he saw Roman approaching him in a slow, hesitant fashion.

"Need your blood," Kayden panted, drool dripping down his chin at the scent of the vampire's blood. "Please..."

Roman hummed, reaching forward and placing his hand on Kayden's forehead. "You're burning up, little one," he whispered, reaching into the night stand and pulling out a key. "I'm going to unlock the cuffs, but I can't have you leaping on me. You need to relax and listen to me."

Kayden shook his head. "No, I need your blood!" he cried, trying to get to the key despite his knowledge that he couldn't move. "Now!"

"You're not in charge," Roman snarled, his authority making Kayden fall silent. "Listen to me or you get nothing, little one."

"I'm sorry," Kayden whispered, giving up his fight and laying back on the seat. "Please, I'm so hungry."

Roman smiled at his compliance and took the cuffs off of his hands, rubbing the tender, red skin. "Come here," he said, opening his arms to the newly turned vampire.

A part of Kayden felt hesitant, but the desire for the Master Vampire was too strong. He dove into Roman's arm but didn't try to bite him and drink his blood without permission.

"You took so quick to the bite," Roman soothed, rubbing his finger along Kayden's bite. "I figured you'd be out for a few days, but it's only been one."

Kayden hummed, too hungry and tired to respond. He was scared that if he opened his mouth his hunger would overcome him and he'd dig his teeth into Roman's revealed flesh.

"Go on," Roman said after a few minutes of silence, showing his neck to Kayden. "It's okay."

That's all the permission Kayden needed in order to dig his teething Roman's flesh. He moaned at the sweet flavor, his mind so gone that all he could think of was the tasty blood that he was sucking from Roman's neck.

"Take all you need," Roman said, rubbing Kayden's back in a soothing motion. "You're going to need blood from me for all of our existence or you'll get sick."