18

"Hello?" Simon asked, answering Kayden's new phone number. "What's up, babe?"

"I'm doing fine, and yourself?" Alastor asked sarcastically before his voice took on a more solemn tone. "Simon, you need to come home, now."

Simon's heart sped up. "Master Alastor, please give the phone to Kayden," he said, wondering why his soulmate wasn't on the other end of the line.

Alastor sighed over the phone. "Come home, now," he said, a solemn tone that Simon didn't like too much taking over his voice.

"I'll be there in a half an hour," Simon said, packing up to leave.

He grabbed his case and called one of the directors and told him he had to leave, ordering that he finish his project schematics and leaving them in his office before he left.

Speeding down the road, Simon made it back to the mansion quicker than he should've and bursted through the door, nearly tearing it off its hinges.

"Where is he?" Simon yelled, finding all of the other demons in the living room, along with Alastor. "Where it he?!"

Alastor sighed. "The window to your room was open. We think he was going to see you, but when we tried to track him down, we found Roman's scent-"

Simon grabbed their Master, no part of him caring that he was in charge, and slammed his back into the wall. "You said you watch him!" he bellowed, his claws and wings bursting out and ripping through his suit.

Alastor narrowed his eyes. "Put me down or there will be consequences," he said lowly. "I know you're angry so I'll let it go if you put me down. Right now."

Growling, Simon obeyed, forcing his body back into its normal form. "How could you let him run?" he asked, tears flooding his eyes. "Why would he run?!"

"He went to see you, Simon," Alastor said. "I talked to him about how he's falling for you and he needed to tell you himself, but I told him to wait. When I left the room for a bit... he ran to go find you."

"Rebellious brat," Paxton murmured, sadness in his words and tears falling down his cheeks.

Elijah narrowed his eyes. "Are you crying, Pax?"

"That's hardly our biggest issue!" Paxton hissed at Elijah, turning to Alastor. "What're you waiting for? Track his mark!"

Simon shook his head. "I removed it," he said in a quiet voice. "I wanted him to trust me so I removed it. I didn't even think about Roman... I was just thinking about Kayden."

"Dumbass," Paxton mumbled. "We can't count on Roman to bring him to his mansion. He'd want to hide him somewhere we wouldn't think to look."

Elijah jumped up. "Let's call Darius. He's got a vampire, right? A fledgling turned by Roman! He should still have a connection with Roman!"

"I'll go call him," Lexi said, leaving the room with his phone.

Greyson and Elijah both made Simon sit down on the couch.

"Simon... I think you should consider the possibility that Roman will turn him, if he hasn't already," Greyson said in a gentle voice. "He's going to be drawn to Roman-"

"No," Simon snarled. "No! I won't let him be addicted to that pathetic vampire!"

"He won't be able to control it," Elijah sympathized.

Lexi reappeared in the room. "Master, would you mind-?"

"I'll go get them," Alastor said, making a portal and vanishing through it.