23. In mysterious ways

I reproduce my angry steps, this time on the way to Dani's apartment. The way I should have taken since the beginning. The way which could have avoided this entire situation.

I can't believe them.

I feel my blood traveling through my veins, and it doesn't matter how fast the flow is, I feel it cold.

They are manipulating me, how could they assume they can decide with who I go out or not?

Who the hell they think they are?

I'm not interested in going out with Steve, yet it is up to me to decide it, and the way they approach me just makes me want to prove my point.

And I know I will find a way to prove it.

My brain works in mysterious ways, but I know it will come up with something to make them regret it.

It's already Monday and I'm running late to go to college because my anger is distracting me.

I change clothes several times, nothing is good enough, even for breakfast.

I'm just angry.

I still couldn't get over the fact that Andrew performed his game on me, using sex, again!

I don't really know my classmates on Monday classes, so I basically spend my day alone.

Well not really alone, the smoke leaking off my brain is so dense it could materialize itself in a person. It accompanied me all day long.

Yes, I have this type of character, the one who can't forget something easily. The one that keeps thinking and rethinking to then think again about the very same thing.

I can't control it.

I shake this off, it is not healthy being this mad. I have to do something about it instead of concentrating all my thoughts on it.

More action, less distraction.

I go back home by the end of the day and find a couldn't-be-smiling-wilder Dani.

"Hey, what did you smile like that?" She is smiling in such an honest way it makes me smile back at her.

"Nothing in particular, just feeling happy." She says grinning.

"Is this about your dat-" I stop talking and observe her.

Ok, I almost didn't spend time at home last weekend, but, weirdly, I haven't seen Dani at all. "Have you spent the whole weekend with your date?"

"Yeah", she said sheepishly, containing a smile now.

"Seriously? You spend the whole weekend with the same guy?"

"Yeah Kels", she responds annoyed now.

I'm grinning, oh she is in so much trouble.

"Hum, interesting," I state, tapping my finger against my mouth.

"Why?"

"Have you realized you have never spent an entire weekend with the same guy?"

"Uhm, well, I probably did, you are just not remembering it." She replies as it is not something new, as she just wants to drop it and change to another subject.

"No, you didn't."

She watches me for a moment, studying, and then wilds her eyes at me.

I perceive her breath being uneven. She is starting to look desperate.

"Hey, it is not a bad thing. Calm down."

"Calm down? You are terrifying me here."

"What's the problem? You had fun it is all that matters."