31. In his head

Andrew POV

Fuck I'm late.

I run to Charles's flat; I still need to take a quick shower before I go to the office.

I glance at the clock again. Late, really late.

My father will be pissed. He is coming from London specially to attend this presentation, that is not going to occur until I'll be there.

Exactly, he will wait for unpunctual me.

And even if I'm living in the American territory right now, my dear father raised me as a traditional English: I should be always before, sometimes at the exact time but never after, never late.

I know him, he will put my position here in review again. I will have to prove I worth working here, again.

And I'm exhausted from being constantly proving myself to him, will it ever be enough? It doesn't help that on all of the days, today is the day I'm late.

I'm never late.

It doesn't make sense, why I didn't wake up as usual?

I never wake up after six, never! It doesn't matter what I have done, or what time I have slept my biological clock simply awakens itself at six a.m. at the latest. I never even use an alarm.

Especially in a stressful time like this. I'm barely sleeping lately.

So, I still don't get what happened last night? I wasn't expecting to fall asleep there as I did and especially not waking up at my usual time.

Did I overspend my energy on sex? That's new.

But, it was probably it that makes me sleep so well, so much better than usual. It was intense and mixed with stress and how tired I am, it is probably why I didn't wake up.

It is a very plausible reason.

With all problems around business and family, my sleep has been deprived.

Why I got there still a big puzzle, I couldn't sleep, but that's nothing new, and I simply wanted to see her, forget about everything else is happening.

And she made me forget about everything else, so much I overslept.

I knew the key would be useful someday, even if it was a mistake in the first place.

See, once she gave me her keys to copy it, her keychain contained three keys. For sure one was to open the entrance of the building, the other their apartment, and the third one an incognita.

With the odds of copying the wrong key being 33,33%, I prefer not to take the risk and copy all the keys.

I simply forgot to mention it to her...

I figure out the third key it's supposed to open Dani's flat when I eavesdropped them talking in the hall.

A very interesting conversation to eavesdrop on, by the way, it was when I figure it out she had a vibrator hidden under her bed as well. Not required to say I kept both, the vibrator and the key.

Both bloody useful...

After a shower, I check my phone finding uncountable calls from my father, and a message from Alicia inviting me for dinner this week.

I will reply to her after, now, I must run.

Entering the office with the view of my father leaning against my table waiting for me is the most unwelcome way to arrive at work.