26. In the Unknown

We are sitting on the couch again, it seems we have one thing in common, both of us prefer eating here instead of the dinner table.

I sit on his side, slightly touching his knee with mine.

Things are so much lighter now, he seemed pretty annoyed when he has arrived and I was pissed with him, but the way we interacted with each other before allowed both of us to expend the whole frustrated energy.

Once he is opening the boxes, I observe he has brought some select sushi from a restaurant I have never heard about, and I usually know every sushi restaurant in this neighborhood. It is my favorite food afterward.

I remark he has picked up a sort of different types of sushi, to be sure we will taste probably everything they had on their menu.

"How was your day?" Andrew asks me and I watch him as he gives me my chopsticks, his eyes are smoother now, glistening as a calm ocean after a storm.

I recognized presently his eyes are lighter, they were a dark shade of green before and now they have an emerald shade.

"It was ok, and yours?" I sense the change in his demeanor, he adjusts himself on the couch, his muscles are relaxed, yet he is still a bit stiff.

"Mine was awful, a new project is coming, and no one is prepared."

I'm dumbfounded, that is the most he has ever shared with me. I was expecting a short answer as fine, ok or bad, and point. Nothing else.

He keeps surprising me.

But, how little do I know about him?

I know literally nothing about him.

"A project about what?"

"A commercial building, the biggest project I have ever worked with." He says chewing sushi.

We proceed to discuss it, it is a complicated and stressful project, so I let him speak, and to my surprise, he does.

I assume he didn't share these things often by the usual short sentences he lets out, yet it is obvious he was needing someone to talk to, to simply put this all out.

Nonetheless, it isn't explicit where the boundaries stand, I don't know the type of questions I'm allowed to ask.

I don't want to ask for more than he can give me or sound intrusive.

He is a closed guy; I can recognize it. So, I just let him talk, asking small and innocent questions, obvious to what he has just complained about, enabling me to understand a little more.

The lack of smugness during his speech makes me think I'm in a presence of someone else.

His short sentences are not always telling too much, but they speak more between the lines. It is weird sensing the incertitude in it, to know he also gets concerned.

I just had this image of him as a sex god living in a perfect world, with no problems having a bath of smugness and getting dry with a towel of haughtiness every day, after spraying sexiness as perfume.

I didn't consider him as a normal person.

"I didn't mean to monopolize the discussion." He states scratching his neck once we finished eating, causing me to laugh at this sudden change of behavior.

It doesn't suit him.

"Don't worry, I'm happy to hear. I'm sorry I don't know how to help you."

"You did", he says getting up, with a small smile on his face and having me gazing at him confused.