Dragon BF | Rhythan | Part 2

Feminine Human Reader x Masculine Dragon Boyfriend

You x He/Him

PG-13 for Violenccceee and Swearing

Revenge Fantasy, Size Difference, Magic-User Fantasy

Special thanks to the anon who asked about this story—kicked my butt into gear! I hope it was worth the wait!!

...

You have continued to be plagued by nightmares, even with your new companionship offering the incredible relief of safety and belonging. You see their pervertedly content faces as they bound and gagged you and left you to die. You keep hearing their saccharine lies that burned your flesh like a dagger being slowly dragged down your neck. You relive these wounds every time you close your eyes...wounds more painful than a dragon's ever could have.

The dragon that never did...and never would have.

You sit up fast, gasping as if relieved of a sword that had been plunged into your chest. You're on the floor of the cavern, curled up in one of the fine, thick fabrics that Rhythan provided at the foot of the giant pile of gold. It must be the middle of the night, as no sunlight shines in. All you can hear is the deep, heavy breathing of Rhythan as he sleeps.

Following an unexplainable urge, you stand up and begin walking down the tunnel, clutching the sheet like a cape as it drags behind you. You walk silently toward the entrance, your bare feet used to the cold rock of the mountains by this point. The soft bubbling sound of the waterfall greets your ears as you get closer, and you slowly step your way to the edge of the cliff, looking out at the forest.

Even from a distance you can find your village; they've kept the bonfire going for days...the one that celebrates your death. You stand and stare, frozen and unblinking, at that little light in the distance. Never did something so warm feel so god damn cold.

"Are you not cold, little one?" asks a curious voice from behind you.

You glance down at the forest below you, acres of silent pines hundreds of thousands of feet down. You don't look at him, you don't move.

"Look at them," you start. "So proud and content of themselves for leaving me, using me as a bargaining chip for a game they never had to play...it disgusts me."

You're silent for a moment, taking a breath to try and control yourself.

"But...how can I blame them? Wouldn't I have done the same thing? And the people, they were lied to...right? And, I shouldn't bother about the kinds of people who would do something like that but it doesn't change at all how I feel...and it feels like I'm dissolving in acid."

"Those that lack empathy do not learn from death," he says. "Even the ones at their own hands."

"They don't care..." you whisper to yourself. "...they don't care..."

"But who are the ones that sought your pain?" He asks. "Who are the ones that poison your heart?"

Your throat cracks: "It sickens me that they even dared to touch me!"

The tears pour, and the cape drops from your shoulders. The wind chill is biting, but soon there is a warm sigh of air at your back, and your cape is dropped back over you.

You turn around and see Rhythan's dark form half-hidden in darkness, his glowing green eyes the only salient feature at this time of night. Before, this sight would have frightened you, but now it was the only thing that could comfort you. Even cast in shadows, he exuded dignity.

"You are allowed justice," he says. "Few are offered the chance...and fewer take it."

You look down contemplatively for a moment, and then look back up at him with conviction: "I want them to fear the power of a vengeful seamstress."