|~|Dabi x Sick!Civilain!Reader pt. 3|~|

/Title/
Welcome Home

|Disclaimer|
Slight Manga Spoilers {Character}

\Requested By\
kayla_cruz2019

|POV|
Dabi

So calm, so gentle, so at peace. That's how Dabi could describe you as he looked down at your sleeping figure. The hospital room was so quiet. The hospital itself was quiet. Dabi was so glad the Doctor snuck him in and out just so he could see you.

He gently took your hand and sighed softly. He closed his eyes and hummed softly. Your smooth, clear skin was so addicting to feel. He was almost jealous.

Dabi glanced toward the room's door hearing footsteps. He watched it closely and was ready to hide if an unfamiliar figure approached. Though hearing the patterned knock he relaxed and looked back at you.

The Doctor came in whistling a tune. He closed and locked the door before coming over. "Everything's looking great," he said in glee. "I'm sure they'll be able to leave tomorrow. You were lucky to bring them in when you did, their body couldn't take the fever much longer."

Dabi glanced back to the Doctor, watching him carefully. "Thanks," he said quietly as he stood. "I guess I should go before they wake up or I get yelled at."

The Doctor let out a soft chuckle. "My my, I supposed it is getting quite late. Be sure to tell your little friends that I'll be visiting soon..."

Dabi grunted and turned to the window. He looked out for a moment before sitting on the seal. He looked down before he pushed himself off of the ledge and to the ground.

He had to get the place ready for you.

The Doctor smiled beneath his mustache. He looked at you and walked over to check your vitals. "Ah," he said in a soft voice. "What a good young man he is..."

~~~

Dabi waited on the couch of the hide out in silence. He had been waiting for almost an hour now for your arrival. Spinner and Compress had gone to get you since they were the less noticeable in the league.

Dabi closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He was worried something would make you mad or upset when you walked in. Maybe how he fought the hero instead of saving you first? Or how he stuffed you in a closet alone?

Dabi grunted at his own thoughts, his lip snarling up slightly in agitation. He was so angry with himself. He could have been better and yet...

The clicking of the door brought him out of his thoughts. Without a doubt you would be confused and scared about the two men who brought you here, you had never met them before. He opened his eyes to see you nervously looking around.

When your eyes locked with the villain, you visibly relaxed and lit up. "Dabi!" You cried, running over to the couch. Dabi smirked a little and stood, arms wide. Taking you into his embrace.

Shuichi rose an eyebrow seeing the rare sight of Dabi. He huffed s bit and nudged Atsuhiro in Dabi's direction, which made the magician glance over.

Dabi smiled and looked over your face. Only being able to visit while you slept killed him from the inside out. He kissed seeing your shining eyes.

"I missed you so much," he said calmly, cupping your cheek. You smiled too and cupped his hand on your cheek. "They took good care of you, right?"

You nodded calmly, studying him. "I'm so glad you're okay," you said. "Last time I saw saw you, you were losing a fight..."

Dabi shook his head. "Nah," he said. "The chicken was going to die if I didn't have you to protect. Don't worry." He kissed your forehead softly, not caring how Shuichi's and Atsuhiro's jaws dropped.

You sat down on the couch and he sat next to you. He leaned against the arm of the couch and then patted his lap for you to hop on. You gladly did so, wanting to cuddle your boyfriend. Being unable to do this for a few days, you both craved it more than anything.

Shuichi looked at Atsuhiro just as Atsuhiro had done the same. Was this the Dabi they knew? A clone? An impostor?

"I have a surprise for you," Dabi said after he wrapped his arms around your middle. You tilted your head up, your back against his chest. "But right now I just want to hold you."

You smiled softly. "A surprise? You give me surprises when you have something on your mind."

Dabi looked to the side. "Maybe, but this time I just want to be genuine. You just got out of the the hospital and have been sick for a while. I wanted to do something nice for once."

You lowered your head and nodded. "Alright then, I can't wait to see this surprise."

Dabi relaxed completely and buried his face into your hair. The slightly oily sensation tickled his nose. He couldn't wait for you to have your silky, soft hair back after a wash or two. He kissed your head and laid there.

You yawned softly, exhausted from doing almost nothing for so long. The warm embrace Dabi gave you always made you drowsy. He knew this and knew it would calm you down without fail. He loved it too.

You shifted to lay out on him, now comfortable. He hummed softly at your movements until you stopped. Kissing your head again, he lifted his head and looked at you. "Tired?"

With a soft nod of your head, he shifted a bit. You looked up at him to see what he was doing. He gestured for you to turn on your stomach as he took his coat off. You obeyed, I'd course. Once you were once again comfortable he placed his coat on top of you. You laid your head on his chest and sighed softly.

"Better?" He questioned, petting your head.

"Better!" You cheered, wrapping your arms around his chest. Dabi smiled softly as he watched your eyes slowly close.

He would show you that surprise later. After all, right now this was all he wanted. He just wanted you safe and sound in his arms for once.

"Sleep tight. I love you."

~~~

Word Count:
1042

Artist Credit:
tomomoni on Tumblr

Music Credit:
N/A

Published On:
November 13, 2020