2- Office surprises😳

I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid,
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

I was humming the music of the song, The Thousand Years while singing the lyrics in my mind while driving the car. I have been listening to the song every day for years cause it's one of my favourite but today it feel so real. I could feel the lyrics are digging something deep in my heart and i could feel my heartbeat raising as if waiting for a miracle to happen. I parked the car at my office car park. I became nervous for no reason. My heartbeat raising and i started fidgeting with my fingers while looking for my car key while it was right infront of me. I took a few deep breaths..

Nothing.. its nothing.. today is a great day.. and i am grateful for this.. just breathe.. just.... Breathe

Saying that to myself i let out a big breath and left my car.

I was surprised to see a brand new and expensive white car parked outside at reserved area of my company car parking. From the looks of it i know it should be one of those fancy and luxurious cars but i don't know what car is it. Never have i been a car person.. Nope.. When I go near it i saw the logo Rolls Royce at the car front. Hmmm.. well.. That's new.. I thought to myself as I enter my company.

The office situation seems very different than usual. No "Good Morning", no smiles or even pleasant glances.. In fact all employees seem to be in a hurry and nervous. I looked at Mrs. Wilson, our company receptionist who immediately took out some file while giving me a stern look. As usual...

"Miss Emerson, please bring these files to Mr. Javion. He demands that you bring it as soon as possible that is right NOW."

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Wilson but who is Mr. Jovian?"

"Tri-J. He is waiting at the CEO office."

"What do you mean by tri-J?"

"Miss Emerson, please don't waste our time. He is not a patient man.."

What a royal bitch!

I collected the files and went to our CEO, Mr. Brandon's office. I worked for the company D' Jubilant, one of the famous modern clothing brand in the country. I was promoted to be Mr. Brandon's personal assistant few months ago. He is really handsome at the age of 32 and such a charmer. I love to work with him because he made it easy for me to learn the basics and guide me patiently throughout my first few months of being a PA.

I knocked at Mr. Brandon's office door and heard a different "Enter.." from what I was used to. What shocked me to the core was Mr. Brandon was standing near the desk and a different person was sitting on the CEO chair. Is he Mr. Jovian?

"Miss Emerson, good to see you. Meet Mr. Julian Joshua Jovian, major share holder of D' Jubilant and our company's new CEO... Mr. Jovian, this is Miss Grace Evelyn Emerson, my personal assistant."

"A pleasure to meet you, Mr.Javion."

I heard a gasp from Mr. Brandon and i saw the new CEO's lips thinning. Then, slowly while grinding his teeth he said "It's Jovian, check your ears if u have any problem hearing..'

Wow... What a way to get introduced when you meet your BIG BOSS for the first time. I can see that he already hates me while he layed his eyes on me... No wonder my instinct was telling me something bad is about to happen.. and why my mind keep repeating Mr. Jovian.. stupid... its not my ears but brain that needed to be checked..

I was about to say sorry then realized that he is still talking to me...

"Mr. Brandon told me so much about your work ethics Miss Emerson. But I choose my employees and I expect perfection, enthusiasm and allegiance if they wish to work for me. I'll decide if you are as good as your reputation suggests and we shall see if you still work for me after a week." With that curt note and a firm handshake he dismissed me went back to his work.

More like turned his back to me..

"Thanks Mr. Ja... Ah... Jo-vi-an. I believe you asked for these files. I'll be in my cabin if you need me."

I put the files on his desk, giving a soft nod to Brandon and went to my cabin. While he was talking to me, I was so sure about one thing, no two actually. That I don't like him and he is super..... UGLY. I also hate the way he was looking at me when I enter his office. I don't know why I have this feelings after our first meeting but first impression is the best impression right..

I really need a cup of coffee.. I just came to the office and I'm having headache. I went to the pantry near the CEO office. We have a coffee machine but I always make my own coffee cause I feel it tastes better...no, more like PERFECTO!

While I was making coffee I heard noises coming out from the CEO office because the door was ajar. It seems like they were arguing about something. I hate eavesdropping so I ignored them and carry my coffee to my cabin. I stopped on my way when I heard one particularly interesting name which goes like 'Emerson'. What i heard was enough to make me think that my impressions are 150% accurate.

"What is that Emerson doing in this company? No pretty face, no fashion sense, nothing.. How could you hire that thing? All I can see a good for nothing butt in that ridiculous skirt."

Did he just called me a thing?? A GOOD FOR NOT-THING??

"Mr. Javion, please. She is one of our best employee. You will see how easily and quickly she learns. And.. I never had any problems with the way she dresses.."

It's official... Mr.Brandon is my favorite person in the whole universe. I'll always remember him.. Even if I don't see him for the next 350 years.

"Whatever she does, I'm sure its not enough to impress me. Anyway I just have to keep up with this for a week only. I hope you will tell her to look for a job ASAP."

What a first class jerk! Thanks for the advice Mr. Jackass Jerk Jabberwockey.. Wow! I just made that up.. and it suits him perfectly..

I went to my cabin with a determination to proof myself to that tri-Jerk. I was sipping my coffee while thinking about a plan. I have two options now. One, I could just resign now and show that Jabberwocky how little i think about working under an ugly monster like him. Or I could work my ass off to prove to that jerk that he could never find a better PA like me.

Its never about salary. I have more money that i needed. I dont have to work. I can open my own business if i want. Its about the satisfaction of being a independent working woman. Moreover, i love working here.. the job is good, salary is good and i made some friends here. I sighed and drank the coffee i made.. Even my world best coffee taste horrible when think of that jerky jerk. What a wonderful day to celebrate a birthday!!!