chapter thirty-nine

"you-you're Xanders dad?" I stutter out in complete shock, but that smug grin never seems to leave his face.

"so you know my boy? oh no don't tell me, you're the girl he couldn't stop talking about? you tricked him into thinking you were normal, just like that monstrous bitch did to me" he seethed and I instantly knew he was talking about Xanders mother.

"I never tricked him to think anything old man, he knows about me and loves me all the same" I grit out and instantly feel a hard hand connect with my cheek.

"In the position you're in mutt I would watch what you say" he gripped my chin and pulled my face towards him a little.

"Now listen here and listen good puppy, you're going to tell where that pathetic pack of yours is or I'll give you the most painful death you could think of" he whispers and it sends shivers down my spine. If this man thinks I am giving away any information that jeopardized my family's safety, he is gravely mistaken.

"go to hell" I grit out before spitting in his face, he smirks as he calmly wipes the spit away.

"puppy you just made this a lot harder for you, and a lot more fun for me" he gives me a sinister smile that makes my blood run cold. He walks over to a small metal table, he grabs something off of the table and makes his way over to me, that's when I notice he has a metal needle.

"don't worry puppy, this will only hurt a lot" he says before shoving the needle into my arm and emptying out the contents, I instantly started to feel like I was on fire, I couldn't help but let out a shrill scream as the burning sensation spread all throughout my body, I knew this feeling, that jackass injected me with wolfsbane.

"so are you going to tell me where they're hiding now?" he says coming up beside me, I can't form any words so I violently shook my head no and he sighs.

"you give me a headache" and before I know it a fist comes colliding with my face hard, and I slip into unconsciousness.

---------------------------------

XANDER'S POV

After a solid two-three hours of looking for Iris we all came up empty, it's like she disappeared into thin air, we were now in one of the big meeting rooms inside the pack house discussing possible leads.

"If a hunter was to get ahold of her, don't you think they would just kill her on the spot? so maybe it wasn't a hunter." Kris spoke up with Chase's arm securely around her shoulders.

"she's a white coat, do you know how many hunters would experiment on her?" I question and her eyes start to water.

I started to feel a burning sensation in my arm that made me hiss slightly.

"Xander are you okay?" Harper asked from beside me and I nodded my head, but that burning sensation soon turned into what felt like an open flame being placed all over my skin I groaned as I fell to the floor.

"What the fuck is happening?" Will asks as he comes over to check what's wrong.

"It's not me, it's Iris, but my whole body is on fire" I groan as the realization hit me.

"It's wolfsbane," Quinn said before I could get it out.

"We need to get her back and soon, trust me that girl is strong but if she's getting this type of torture straight off the bat I'm afraid she won't be able to withstand it much longer" Elvira spoke up from Wills side.

"whoever is hurting my mate like this, is going to wish they were never born" I growled out.

"agreed" Harper growled next to me cracking her knuckles.

HEY GUYS I KNOW THAT WAS A VERY SHORT CHAPTER AND I'M SORRY BUT I REALLY WANTED TO UPDATE BUT I HAVE A BUSY DAY AHEAD OF ME SO I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO WRITE, HENCE THE SHORT CHAPTER. I'M SORRY IT'S SO SHORT BUT I'LL MAKE UP FOR IT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER I PROMISE.

*unedited*