Chapter Five

Preston's P.O.V
       We touched down around 10:55 A.M. in Colorado, Mars started getting anxious. I open the door and let the stairs down to exit the jet. I start my walk to the pick up section of the airport when my nose is filled with the sweet scent of berries and vanilla. "What is that smell?" I can feel Mars itching to shift and chase it.
"I'm not sure but it is the most intoxicating scent I have ever smelled." I link my men and have them pick up our rental. Then I set out following the scent. It trails through the airport through customs and baggage then to a terminal. A lady has just shut the doors to the terminal and I know already what I'm smelling is my mate.
"Excuse me where is this flight headed?" I politely questioned the woman.
"This flight is headed to Pittsburgh, unfortunately the plane is already disconnected from the terminal so, if you need to get there you'll have to book the next flight." She turned and walked back to her desk. I immediately mind link my men and tell them to return to the jet, then I start that way myself. "If we could have been here sooner we cou-"
"We couldn't have done anything there are to many eyes Mars. We have to do this right we can't leave any trace. We've waited 10 years for her, another few hours to make sure it's right won't hurt!" I felt bad for snapping at him but he needs to get his head in the game. Fortunately there was only one pack in Pennsylvania, unfortunately it was a vary large pack. This was not going to be easy but I think, I have a plan.

Persephone P.O.V
We land a few hours later and I have knots in my stomach. We've already exited the plane and are making our way to pick up, where the beta of the coal mountain pack will pick us up. "Dad I'm so hungry!" Karriana looks to him with a pout.
      "Well we will have Beta Zach stop somewhere for something, we won't want to keep them waiting. C'mon pick up is right this way." Karriana's shoulders slump at his reply. We then spot Zach holding a sign that says "Glade family" not that we needed it as we could smell that he was one of us. He is standing in front of a black Range Rover, my dad gets in the passenger seat when Zach speaks up.
       "Actually Rodney, I was ordered to put Persephone in the front."  My father glares at him a bit but doesn't object. He steps out and holds the door open for me. I hop in and Zach puts the luggage in the trunk, my dad joins Karriana in the back. Once he joins me in the front we take off.     
        This place is very different than my home, not a lot of mountains, the sky looks much bigger and much farther away. My anxiety worsens and my palms begin to sweat. I must reek of worry because Zach looks at me and says,
"No need to worry Luna, Alpha Zenith is very caring, hardly a bad bone in his body. I'm sure he will take very good care of you, even if you aren't his mate he will make sure your stay is delightful." His words do reassure me, but I can't shake this feeling that something isn't right.
"Beta Zack?" Karriana speaks. "Can we get something to eat? I am really hungry." Her stomach audibly growls making my father giggle.
"Indeed it would sound that way." Zach jokes "I know the perfect place." He looks in the review at her and smirks. A blush rises to her cheeks and she shyly looks away.
"What was that?" Navi questions her voice laced with discontent. Apparently I'm not the only one that noticed because a growl rises from my fathers chest. Zack let's out a whimper and sinks into his seat, like a pup with his tail between his legs.
It's not more than 5 minutes, in the awkwardly silent car before we pull up to a cute little burger joint. "Alright everyone the best burgers within 30 miles." Zach puts the Rover in park and walks around opening my car door for me. I thank him and get out stretching my legs, who knew how exhausting traveling could be.
"Beta Rodney, may I have a word with you?" Zack speaks.
"You girls go ahead, we will catch up." My dad waves us away. We link arms and walk in, the smell of food has my mouth over watering. We take a moment to decide what we want to eat and my father and Zack return from their conversation.
       After we'd all ordered we sat at a table and began to eat. I feel like I'm being watched Navi is on full alert, I glance around but don't notice anything out of the ordinary so I chock it up to being in new territory. I don't know what Zach and my father talked about but Helena and him are openly flirting. My father doesn't say a word just continues eating his food. Then out of nowhere my bladder starts screaming at me.
"I need to use the restroom." I say quickly excusing myself from the table. I make my way to the bathroom and sit in the stall to do my business.
"Something doesn't feel right." Navi states.
"If there was something wrong the others would feel it too, it's just nerves." I finish and step out of the stall and go to wash my hands. The moment I look down into the sink a rag is placed over my mouth. Before I even have time to fight back, everything goes black.

Karriana P.O.V
      "Then we took his cloths and put them up a tree so, when he shifted back he couldn't find them and was running around stark naked, we got a really good laugh out of it and he ended up climbing the tree naked!" Zach told the story in one drawn breath. I laughed and asked him how he could be so mean in a sarcastic tone. My father had a worried look on his face so I decide to ask him what's wrong.
      "Dad are you ok?" His eyes were scanning the perimeter.
      "She should be back by now." He stated, before rising from his chair and making his way toward the bathrooms. Zach began to ask me a question but couldn't finish because my father had returned into view and we knew by the look on his face that something was very very wrong.
"Persephone has been taken."

A/N: how are you all liking it so far?! Who is excited to have Persephone and Preston meet finally? And how do you all feel about this format instead of the format I was using in the first 3 parts? Should I stick with the paragraphs or is this better? As always much love I hope you're enjoying!! Vote comment share!