BØπܧ 2

Cold Water by Justin Bieber
~~
Bonus Chapter 2
Hot and Cold

Ahsîela's POV

3 weeks later...

I look down at my daughter who is snoring away in my arms.

Each time she exhales, her breath fans out against my naked chest that is exposed from the sweetheart neckline of my blouse.

"Are you ready?" Ciré's voice snaps me out of my daze of admiring my offspring.

I turn to him and nod, a faint smile gracing my lips.

With that, he exits the cabin with me following behind him and then, he locks up.

We start our trek to our neighbour's cabin. More like family, since we did have our baby at the same time.

After we bumped shoulders that day, we stayed in contact and it has been going great.

A few knocks on the door and it opens, Freda giving us an enthusiastic wave and grin.

"Thanks again, Freda." Ciré tells her as I hand over Sonia.

She rolls her eyes and says, "No problem. You two need this time together, so, it's the least I can do."

I nod and smile at her and Ciré chuckles, "Tell Weston and baby William I said hey."

Then we were off again, hearing the door close behind us and I edge closer to my twin soul, holding his left arm.

"What do you want to do first, Sîela? We have the whole day to ourselves." He says and I huff in thought.

It takes me a while to reply, but I do and with outmost confidence.

"Swimming."

He stops and turn to give me a look... That one look that I can never point out.

"Swimming?" The question lingers in the air and I nod.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?"

"I thought you'd want to get some food in a restaurant at the city, or something?" He laughs with a shrug.

I deadpan, "Have you ever even been to the city, Ciré?"

"Of course, a lot, but I stopped after I saw you that day in the mineral bath."

I am taken aback. A lot? I didn't know Ciré is up to date with modern life... I giggle to myself.

"So, swimming it is?" I ask and when he doesn't answer, I pout, "The city is so far..."

"Okay, okay." He whines before muttering my least favourite word, "Lazy."

I scowl at him and he chuckles as we walk through the forest as if it's just another day, where we go about our business.

Because it is.

Silence progresses while we walk, stepping over stones and logs, debris of all kind, until we hear the sound of rushing water and the soil gets darker.

A river.

The thought has me skipping in steps, but as we get closer, I frown.