Friends and Family

"Absolutely not!" Remus stood, arms crossed, glaring at Lilli, "You are not coming with me! You aren't even of age!"

"Aunt Thia and Madam Pomfrey are going to need help," she said, her glare just as fierce, "I won't go anywhere near the fighting. I will stay with Aunt Thia or Madam Pomfrey at all times. But whether you take me or not, I will find a way to be there."

"You know she will," Tonks said, leaning against the doorway. Andy had her eye on Teddy in the other room. He turned to scowl at her but she put up a hand, "I'm not saying that I like the idea of her going there any more than you, Remus. But at least this way you know where she is."

"Fine! But I hear that you slipped away from them one time," Remus warned, letting his threat hang open.

"Yes, Uncle Moony."

"Take care of Teddy, okay?" Remus said, kissing his wife (Lilli turned away), "I love you both so much."

"If either of you dies, I swear to Merlin, I will kill you myself," Tonks said, looking between them. Lilli snickered, hugging Tonks tightly.

"Be careful," she whispered as Remus walked away. Tonks gave her an innocent look. Lilli scoffed, "Like I don't know you. You'll be there. Just be safe."

~

They reached Hogwarts through the Hog's Head, ending in the Room of Requirement. A great cry arose from her friends amongst the Weasleys and the gathered students, and she rushed to hug them.

"You're alive!" Neville crushed her into a hug, and she laughed, "Where have you been?"

"Hiding," was all she said, though as she hugged George and Fred she whispered, "Winna misses you both."

"Do you really think that hiding is a good enough excuse?" Ginny demanded, "I was there when you left, and it still isn't! No note, no letters, nothing!"

Lilli giggled, "I'll tell you later, alright?"

Ginny sniffed, "Fine."

Suddenly, two people came clattering down the stairs. Lilli looked up to see Harry and Luna, both looking extremely overwhelmed. She slipped through the crowd to Luna's side, tugging her away and into a corner. The normally bubbly girl was covering her ears as people began to talk all at once.

"Harry, what's happening?" said Remus. Lilli retrieved a small cube from her pocket, each side with a different fidget. It had been a present from Reyna last Christmas, something to keep her hands occupied during lessons. Taking one of Luna's hands, she set it in her palm. Luna smiled at her.

"Voldemort's on his way, they're barricading the school – Snape's run for it – what are you doing here? How did you know?" Lilli glanced over at Harry, who looked thoroughly dumbfounded at them all. 

 "We sent messages to the rest of Dumbledore's Army," Fred explained. "You couldn't expect everyone to miss the fun, Harry, and the DA let the Order of the Phoenix know, and it all kind of snowballed." 

"What first, Harry?" called George. "What's going on?"

"They're evacuating the younger kids and everyone's meeting in the Great Hall to get organised," Harry said. "We're fighting." There was a great roar and a surge towards the foot of the stairs; he was pressed back against the wall as they ran past him, the mingled members of the Order of the Phoenix, Dumbledore's Army, and Harry's old Quidditch team, all with their wands drawn, heading up into the main castle. 

"Come on, Luna," Dean called as he passed, holding out his free hand; she took it and followed him back up the stairs. The crowd was thinning, and Lilli slipped to Remus's side.