Chapter 12- Lulu's punishment is coming

My trip back home was made in silence and in the dark. The night had fallen and with it, my humor. I thought all the way back how my punishment would unfold, however; it was impossible to predict any move from the Duke.

He had never punished Lucreatia before, and in the book, he never once raised his voice to her. Though, in fairness, she never caused him any problems either.

Not only did I do that, but I also pissed him off with my confrontation. I needed to think of a way to soften him up. It shouldn't be so hard, as the Duke always had a soft spot for Lulu. I just needed to use it well.

While I thought about how best to plead for forgiveness. If by kneeling gracefully or if by throwing myself to the ground. One of our mounted knights passed the carriage at full speed. Probably to deliver a message from the Duke to our household. News of my crazy antics would arrive before me. Simply Great.

While I sat there, in the dark carriage, looking at the beautiful and faraway moon, I thought, for the first time since becoming Lucreatia of my past life. Oh... How I miss it so much. Until now, I had no genuine problems and everything just felt like a dream. A reality so different from mine and now so... troubling.

Lost in my sentimental thoughts, I didn't realize our carriage was parked in front of the manor until the Duke's secretary opened the door. His worried and pained face alarmed a little. Maybe I had not thought about this properly.

Without much fuss, I left the carriage, and several employees of the house greeted me, looking like they were about to face their death.  Tears gushed through their pale complexions. As I steered my eyes to the big stairs, that led to the main door, I saw Jeni and Fanny, side by side, looking miserable and crying nonstop. The alarm bells rang louder and louder the more I saw the scene in front of me.

On my way to the Duke's office, the only thing I heard was the sound of crying. The crying of our servants, my sister and my maid.

I thought it would stop eventually, but as I stood silently in the office with Jenni and Fanny, I could still hear the servants crying outside. Of course, the girls, not to be defeated, let out the most powerful cry I heard in a while. There were no words or curses thrown at me, just plain cries.

With all the crying I started to wonder if I really did something that horrendous... Even if I did talk back to the Duke, I could not see a reason for this kind of behaviour from everyone, unless I broke a rule I was not aware.

In a panic, I tried to recall everything useful from the book, but with all the noise and my extreme anxiety, it was not an easy task. I didn't go far, though, as the Duke, with his impeccable timing, had finally arrived to give my punishment.

(A side note to myself, Lulu: I hate the Male characters of this dammed book! They all like to make my life difficult... especially with these goddam suspicious timings! Damn you, writer!!)

"I am soooo fucked...." was the only thought that passed through my head, as I felt the Duke's cold stare burning a hole in my back.

" was the only thought that passed through my head, as I felt the Duke's cold stare burning a hole in my back

Lulu's punishment is coming... Poor girl!

Excited for more? Tell me!

-//---------------------------

In case you like my stories and would like to support me, now you can buy me a coffee!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/andreascribe

Thanks!!!