↳ CHAPTER FIFTEEN

-UNDERGROUND HAVOC-
————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER FIFTEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act ii)

-UNDERGROUND HAVOC-————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER FIFTEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act ii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"RISE AND SHINE, Miss Emily." Mrs. Macready shrill voice shrieked, opening the curtains letting the bright sun enter the room. Emily groaned, hiding beneath the covers.

"Come on, young lady. We've got a busy day ahead of us. Now up and ready, I've made breakfast for the two of us." She head the footsteps of Mrs. Macready recede. 

She sighed before pulling back the covers of her bed. She looked around at her room. Nothing was packed away, yet everything felt so empty. All her things had been cleared from off the tables, fireplace and drawers. She looked at her suitcase by her door. Everything was in there. Ready to leave. The only thing that was left on the fireplace was the picture taken almost 10 months ago.

Her and the Pevensie's all smiling together. All of them have been in frequent contact with her since they left. None of them had been to Narnia since they returned. It had been a year. And nothing. The professor was gone and gave her the picture as his dying request.

Emily believed that the picture should remain here as a memory she could relive in the future. When she visited, anyway. Emily got ready, into something comfortable for travelling. Emily grabbed her suitcase and looked at her room once more before shutting the door and going down the stairs.

"Ah! There you are. I was wondering if you had dropped dead in your sleep." Mrs. Macready spoke, setting the food on the table. "Oh, I wish." Emily replied, sitting at the table.

"I know that you aren't happy with this arrangement but I certainly can't look after you." Mrs. Macready sighed sitting down opposite Emily. "I can look after myself. Please don't send me there." Emily begged.

"You are too young and besides, you'll be taken in to someone random and you know how I am with strangers." Mrs Macready spoke, eating her breakfast.

"I can go to the Pevensie's. They're not strangers. They told me that they're mum is nice. They won't turn me away." Emily negotiated. "No! The poor woman has got 4 children to deal with on her own. Adding more will just give her more stress." Mrs Macready explained. Emily just huffed and finished her food.

"Right, let's go. Shall we?" Mrs Macready spoke once she had finished. She took both her and Emily's plates and washed them in the sink. They both grabbed their bags and walked to the station. The train soon came in and they travelled towards London.