↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

-TORN APART-
———————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHTˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act iii)

-TORN APART-———————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHTˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act iii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

THE SUN began to set as the Dawn Treader neared land. Emily looked through the telescope at the island before her. "Right, what are we looking at?"

The three men glanced towards her. Drinian and Caspian being the most confused. "She's drunk." Edmund answered for them. The wind whistled past, Emily's hair whipping back as the loose sleeves of her shirt blew against her arms, sending goosebumps over her body as the cold fabric brushed her arms.

"The Lone Islands. The port of Narrowhaven." Drinian announced. "That's strange. There isn't a Narnian flag in sight..." Emily frowned handing the telescope to Edmund.

"But the Lone Islands have always been Narnia's." Edmund pointed out, taking the telescope from Emily. "Seems suspicious." Drinian suspected.

"I say we prepare a landing party." Edmund suggested. Nobody answered. "Drinian?"

Drinian glanced at Caspian before looking back at Edmund. "Forgive me, your majesty, but the chain of command starts with King Caspian on this ship." Drinian explained. Edmund paused. "Right." Edmund looked down, solemnly.

"We'll use long boats. Drinian pick some men and come ashore." Caspian ordered. "Man the long boats, furl the sail and prepare to drop the anchor." Taros demanded as the crew dashed about the ship.

Emily grabbed one of Caspian's old swords and made her way out onto the deck. She got out her daggers as well, just in case.

Adelaine was about to get in a boat when.. "Maybe you should stay here since you don't have much experience with this kind of stuff. We need someone to keep a lookout for anything suspicious." Edmund pointed out, glancing between Adelaine and Emily.

"Fine, just be careful." Adelaine told him. Emily watched as Adelaine hugged Edmund goodbye and kissed him on the cheek.

Emily watched as she felt her heart break. The wind whipped past, her eyes watering from staring at the two, making her roll her eyes before getting in the boat.

The boats rowed across the ocean and to a less crowded port. "Onward. The thrill of the unknown lies ahead." Reepicheep announced, excited.