↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

-GOODBYES AGAIN-
—————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTY-FOURˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act ii)

-GOODBYES AGAIN-—————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTY-FOURˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act ii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

IT WAS NIGHTFALL, everyone had settled into their part-time rooms at the Telmarine castle. Emily did not come down for dinner. The five children sat amongst the table, their plates empty. "Do you think she's going to come down?" Lucy asked.

The other four looked down at the empty plates. "I don't think so, Lu." Peter softly spoke. "She can't keep herself holed up in that room all day, can she?" Susan asked, glancing at the others.

"She can if she wants to." Peter assured his sister. "She's mourning the death of her sibling. We'd do the same for each other."

"But she won't even talk to anyone. She won't let us in. Including Ed." Susan shrieked. Edmund glanced up at the mention of his name, before looking down. "I'm not hungry anymore." He said, standing up from the table and walking out the room, scratching his neck.

Emily was sat in her bedroom, a maid occasionally coming into her room to check on her. "Miss Emily? Are you sure you don't want to eat anything?" the woman politely asked.

"No thanks. I'm not hungry." Emily replied, not looking away from the floor she had been zoned out while staring at.

"Okay, Miss Emily. I'll leave you to it." The maid answered, fiddling with her fingers before walking out the door. "Actually. If anyone comes asking, I'm in the bath and I would like to be left alone." Emily said.

"Of course, Miss Emily. Whatever you need." And the maid shut the doors. Just as the maid shut her doors, Edmund walked past noticing the maid and immediately went to talk to her.

"Is she alright?" Edmund asked, startling the maid. "Oh! You gave me a right fright!" The woman placed a hand on her heart to control her breathing. "Sorry. But is she alright?" Edmund asked, glancing at the doors and back at the maid.

"She said she doesn't want to talk to anyone at the moment. I'm sorry. But it's nice to know she has someone like you to look out for her." The maid smiled, before walking off.

Edmund glanced up at the door before sighing and walking to his room just round the corner of Emily's.

Emily was sat in her bath, her knees pulled to her chest as she scrubbed her body clean. She heard Lucy and Susan calling for her to come out. "I'm in the bath. I'm fine, honestly. You can leave me be." Emily called out.