↳ DELETED SCENES

-THE SUMMER PARTY-
———————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷DELETED SCENE #13ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act iii)

-THE SUMMER PARTY-———————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷DELETED SCENE #13ˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act iii)

————PROMISES————

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

AT DIANN'S annual summer party, Matthew noticed Emily sat in a chair, a glass of champagne in her hand. Just like when they first met.

He took the seat next to her, lightly nudging her. "What's going on with you?"

"Nothing. I'm fine." Emily stated, not bothering to look at him. "You're not fine. I can tell. What's bothering you?" Matthew asked.

Emily fiddled with her summer dress, still not looking at him. "My dad found out about Edmund." She whispered.

"Oh. The mystery friend." Matthew remembered. "Yeah, but he's got a fiancé. So I don't think that your plan will work now." Emily was upset. Her chance was gone.

"Too late. I've already got the plan secured." He pulled the keys out of his trouser pocket, dangling them in front of Emily.

"What are those for?" Emily asked, glancing at the keys and then back at Matthew. Matthew leaned forward. "There's a little house by the beaches of Dover. You can run away. Fake your death. I can cover for you. My job is to find people, so I can find Edmund for you." Matthew explained, his voice low.

"You'd do that for me?" Emily asked, surprised. "I can tell you want to get out this. Believe me. If I had the option to leave. I'd take it now. And I think you should. It'll be too late otherwise." Matthew explained.

Emily looked hesitantly at the keys, then at her step mother and her father talking with the guests. "Fine." She turned back to Matthew. "What do I have to do? And how much longer?"

He nodded over to Silvio and Diann. "They're planning a trip away next week. I have someone that looks similar to you. You are going to get on a train from London to Dover next week. And after they get back, I'll tell them that you couldn't take it anymore and.. Well, the rest. You get the idea." Matthew explained.

"Don't worry. She's agreed to take the risk. I will say I tried to save you but it was too late. And I'm sure your mysterious friend will be at the station and those keys are to the house in Dover. Are you listening?" Matthew asked, when Emily didn't reply.

She quickly hugged him. "Thank you so much. I don't know how I'm going to repay you." Emily said. "Just take the keys. I'll miss you, Miss Emily." He kissed her cheek and slipped the keys into her hand.

Matthew stood up and disappeared into the crowd, once again. Emily quickly followed after him, remembering something.

"Matthew. I have one last request." She began.