Rooftop Disaster

"We should really be getting that canister back to Splinter." I said to April when I caught up to her,  heading up to the roof rather than down to the sewers.

"I thought you'd of all people would recognize an attempt to go help." April snarked in response.

"I recognize an attempt to get in the way of four brothers who are much more trained to handle themselves then you will ever be." I answered with a shrug of my shoulders, one that reminded me of the bullet wound that's still bleeding. With a wince, I pulled my arm closer to my body in attempt to ease the pain my shrug caused me. A move that didn't go unnoticed by the brown haired woman beside me.

"Oh, Raph's just going to love that." April mumbled as we came to the rooftop door. Without a second thought, or a glance back, she climbed the ladder and called out the the man in metal. "Shredder!"

"Awesome." I mumbled behind her as I climbed up behind her and surveyed the disaster that was the Sack's tower rooftop.

"You." Shredder said as his sights landed on me and he started stalking towards April and I.

"Shit." I openly cursed, causing April to spare me a brief glance before regaining the villain's attention.

"That's all that's left." She said as she taunted him with the canister of mutagen. She took a step back, getting closer to the edge off the rooftop, in an attempt to show she'll throw it over. Her actions were making me extremely nervous. And for good reason, because shortly after her movements, Shredder's rage fueled his movements and he charged towards April. With a brief fear-filled glance to Raph, I moved towards April and pushed her out of the way in time for Shredder to collide with me. 

"Abby!!" I heard Raph's yell over the sound of my blood rushing and my screams. It didn't take long before I felt a rough hand wrap around my wrist, and to reopen my eyes to see Raph scared as hell as he tightened his grip painfully around my wrist. It was a pain I relished until the falling stopped and my weight tugged at my arm. "I got you."

I looked past Raph briefly to see the brothers chained together, and see Leo throw one of his katanas at Shredder in hopes to get him to let go. Looking towards Shredder I see him return the move, aiming at Leo. Looking up at Raph, an idea forms. "Swing me towards him!" I yell up, hoping the brothers can hear me.

"Do it." Leo responded. With a grunt Raph complied and started swinging me towards Shredder. Once I got close enough, I kicked out my legs and caused Shredder to lose his grip, watching as he plummeted to the ground far below. 

"That's my girl." Raph said with enough pride in his voice for me to shoot a small smile his way, before the fear of dangling a couple hundred feet in the air caused me to retighten my grip on him.

It didn't take long after Shredder started falling that I grabbed on to the spire and held on to the metal for dear life, because honestly that's what it was. The Turtles weren't far behind as the spire began to crumble and fall between the two buildings. "I think this is it, guys!" Mikey yelled.

"Does anyone have anything they want to say?!" Leo yelled out as the spire dropped again. "Donnie?!"

"I'm the one who licks the icing of the pop-tarts every morning and puts them back in the box!" Donnie confessed. I knew it! Ooo if we survive this he's in big trouble.

"I so did not understand the ending of Lost!" Mikey yelled out as we dropped yet again. There was a pause as we wondered who was going to speak next, until Leo volunteered Raph.

"I just, uh..." He started, sounding unsure. "If this is our last moments together, I just want you guys to know I'm sorry." He started, "I'm sorry I was so hard on you! Every time I pushed you! I- I threatened you! I yelled at you! I pushed you beyond your limits!" Oh Raph. "It's because I believe in you! I believe in each one of you! I believe in your spirit! and your intelligence and in your potential!" By now each of us was looking at him, instead of the upcoming ground, and I know I had an immense amount of pride shining in my eyes when he finally looked at me. "And every time I talked about walking away! It's because I was scared! I just didn't think I was good enough to stand next to you and call you brothers and say to you, I love you! I love you guys so much!"