First Day of Spring

It was the first day of Spring, Danny and I were sitting enjoying the morning since Danny called the school and told them I wasn't coming in- I had to get the cast removed from my arm and decided to just take the day off since there was no practice, while Amy was in the kitchen whipping up her -self proclaimed- "world famous" french toast. Danny and Amy started dating a couple days after he got out of the hospital, it was adorable. I turned on the tv to the news, in time to see an intern standing in a work out demonstration in downtown New York. "...Hi, guys, this is April O'Neil from Channel 6 News and I am here in beautiful New York City on the first day of spring. And you know what that means. It is time to shed that pesky winter weight." The intern, April O'Neil stood there placing her hand on a man's shoulder. "And here with me today is celebrity fitness trainer, Harley Pasternak." I turned away from the tv and made my way back to the dining room table, sitting to the right of Danny while Amy finished putting plates on the table and sitting to Danny's left.

"That poor girl, went through 4 years of journalism school just to do clips like that." Amy said while looking at the tv, myself turning just in time to see her do the exercise as Harley said to picture herself as a sexy seagull. I snorted at that but nodded in agreement with Amy. Time was spent in silence as we ate, only the sound of silverware against ceramic was heard. "So? Did you like it?" Amy asked once all three of us were finished with our plates. It was the first time she's cooked in this house.

"It was great." I told her after I licked the syrup I found on my thumb.

"It was delicious Amy, thank you." Danny added. A beaming smile graced Amy's features after his compliment and I couldn't help the inward 'awe' moment at the adorable display happening in front of me. What I wasn't expecting was the slight twinge I felt at them though it was quickly coated over with a mental sarcastic snort at myself.

"I'm glad you both enjoyed it. I was nervous." The older woman admitted.

"You don't have to be nervous around Abby and myself." Danny was quick to assure her.

"I agree with Danny, but on that note, I need to get going." I said. Danny gave me a what-do-you-mean-you-need-to-get-going kind of look and I chuckled. "It's Spring now, Danny. I need to make sure she's lookin' pretty." With the biggest smile on my face, I grab my overnight bag.

"She?" Amy asks as I'm walking to the garage.

"Her Camaro, she's been working on it for years." Danny supplied an answer and waved me out the door.

Getting in the car and reversing out of the driveway, I drive to the shop where my Camaro is, since I got told by Mr. Fawkes yesterday in class that she was coming along nicely I got excited, and decided to take a look for myself. I was only driving for 5 minutes when my phone rang, pulling over to the curb I take my phone out of my pocket and look at the screen. "Hey Red!" I answer with a smile while I put my phone on speaker and put it in the hands-free cradle attached to the dashboard. (If you're behind the wheel, stay off your phone. Stay safe, not just for yourself but for every single person you are around.)

"Hey, Tiger. Do you have time today to come visit?" The deep Brooklyn voice sounded in the car.

"Why? Miss me?" My tone was light and I chuckled.

"Of course I do. So do my bros, and Master." He said, and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Yeah, I'll let you know when I'm done my errands. If I have time after, I'll pop over for a bit ." I told him, the click of me turning on the turn signal seemed to echo in the car.

"You driving?" Raph asked.

"Yep. Heading to the body shop to see the progress of my car's paint job." I said as I came to a red light.