15

MASK ON
— 15. Peace

     She climbed out of bed and walked over to the window, wasting no time unlocking it

She climbed out of bed and walked over to the window, wasting no time unlocking it. She opened it and Marcus looked up at her, smiling, "Since when did you lock your window?"

"Since I didn't want horny little fucks like you trying to climb in in the middle of the night," She retorted and Marcus laughed in amusement.

"I'm the horny one, huh?" Marcus asked, smiling teasingly, "Tell me again. Who was it that sent me nudes less than an hour ago?"

"It wasn't like that," Alex replied, smiling back at him as she leaned closer to him, "What are you doing here? My mom's home."

"I'm bored," He admitted and Alex gave him a weird look, "And I know your whole 'I finished' thing was bull. I know you better than that."

Alex sighed, knowing there was no point in lying to him. "What about it?"

Marcus smiled, leaning closer to her. "Let me in and you'll find out," He told her and despite knowing, she shouldn't have, she backed up to let him in.

Marcus wasted no time climbing in. He turned to face Alex, who standing there.

She was staring up at him, her arms folded across her chest. "Why are you here?" She asked him, only to have her breath his as he walked over to her.

He stopped when he was standing in front of her and placed a hand on her lower back. He pulled her toward him and kissed her passionately, much to Alex's shock.

She found herself kissing back for a long moment before she finally pulled away. She stared up at him in shock, trying to hide the way he always made her feel. It was a good feeling. He gave her butterflies, which no guy had ever given her.

"I have a boyfriend," She told him in a soft tone and Marcus nodded in response.

"Have you checked his story lately?" He asked and Alex nodded in understanding.

"His last post was a few hours ago. A pic of me and him," Alex admitted and Marcus smiled in amusement, much to her confusion, "How is that funny?"

"That was his main story," He told her, pulling out his phone. He went onto Snapchat and clicked on Marcus' private story. It was him hanging out with the boys, Samantha, and a few other girls. They were drinking and partying in Brodie's basement.

"Asshole," She muttered under her breath, trying to contain her sadness.

She turned away from Marcus and walked over to her bed. She looked down at the ground in shame, feeling stupid.

Marcus sighed and walked over to her. "Sorry. Didn't mean to upset you, I just thought you deserved to know know," He told her and Alex laughed in amusement, much to his confusion.