22

MASK ON
— 22. Manipulative

"Let go of me, would you!" Alex shouted, attempting to get herself out of Kaden's grip as he dragged her upstairs and in the direction of Brodie's room

Brodie had told Kaden the two of them could go there to talk since there was clearly much to talk about.

"Do you think it's cool to be a slut?" He snapped at her as he closed the door to the room and turned to face her.

"Excuse me?" She retorted, staring at him in disbelief.

"You heard me," He told her and Alex scoffed, rolling her eyes in boredom.

"Here we go," She muttered under her breath, already knowing he was about to toss a bunch of insults her way thinking they'd hurt her.

"You know, I'm really fucking angry at you right now!" He shouted at her and Alex stared up at him, her expression unreadable, "Don't just sit there! Say something!"

"What is there to say, huh? I'm a slut. Okay. What about it?" She retorted as she shrugged her shoulders without a care in the world, "You're the one dating me when you have a whole ass other girlfriend in college. If I'm a slut, so are you. And don't give me any bullcrap about how you're a guy so you can't be a slut, because that's misogynist as hell and I won't sit here and listen to it."

"Fuck you!" He yelled at her, pointing his finger in her face, "All night, you've been with literally everyone but me. First you make out with Press, then Abby, and I know if I hadn't come down those stairs, you probably would have hooked up with Brodie or some other guy next."

"Whatever you say," Alex muttered under her breath and rolled her eyes.

"Fuck you," He repeated and Alex smiled up at him almost sadistically.

"You already did. Many times. One of those times you even got me pregnant but let's not go there, right?" She commented as she stood up from sitting on the bed.

"You know what? Go fuck yourself!" He snapped at her, beginning to move toward her, "You think you're so fucking cool, huh? All the fucking time, dressing like a slut and acting like one, too. You come here, dressed like that with your tits and ass out, ready to give it to anyone who gives you even the slightest bit of attention. You look ridiculous! You think you're any different than any other girl here? No. They just want you because they know you're easy. Do you think anyone actually cares about you? You should have some respect for yourself."

As his face become just inches away from hers, Alex shoved him back and glared at him coldly. "You think I haven't heard any of that before?" She asked him, beginning to laugh in a way that made Kaden's face fall, "Literally, it means nothing to me so there's no point in saying it but one thing I do wonder is..."