Ch. 58, The Final Fairytale

Once upon a time there were two princes, one of the Human Realm, and one of the Dark Realm. And each of them fell in love. The first of the princes had a unicorn-tale of deepest night, and his love was a Beast-Slayer, with hair like a golden mane. They lived in the Human Realm, but once a month, they crossed over a vast, dark river, and journeyed to the Dark Realm, where they met up with the second Prince, who ruled the Dark Realm with a fearsome and beautiful Princess, whom was said to have once ruled a dangerous court known as "high school".

And the four of them were happy to see each other, but they missed the one who had guided and loved them, the one who had brought all of them together. So, they journeyed through darkness and glen and muir, to the darkest part of the forest, where the vines and thorns parted around them. They came to the top of a stone pedestal, where a magnificent rose glowed before them.

And there they paused, waiting, listening, hoping, so long that they almost gave up. Then suddenly, a fire breathing squirrel-dragon jumped from one of their pockets and sent a ball of smoke at the plant. Strong as the moon breaking through the clouds, a voice said: "Stop that! I was trying to be dramatic! But since you're here, I might as well tell you all a story. Sit down and put those darn magic mirrors on silent."

They all smiled at each other, hearts overjoyed that they had found the one they had lost. Together sat before the Blood Rose, which began to speak in a voice both old as time and familiar as a grandfather's smile. "Now let me think, how did it go? Ahhh yes, once upon a time, there were two princesses..."

THE END