Chapter 14

Sage

I didn't sleep whole night. I didn't want to keep him waiting. It is easier to say be ready at 7am but when you don't know when it's 7am without a clock or a watch it's not easy to actually do that. If I had the clock I don't have to track the refurbishments to guess the number of days passed.

I brought my bag in the living room. I kept those heels too. I have a hunch that wherever he is taking me, those will be required. I was pacing in the living room waiting for him. The lock turned open, guess it's 7am, but it wasn't him. It was the same guard who dropped me here. "Signora, you ready? Boss is waiting for you downstairs." He said with a light smile and I nodded. I dragged my trolley bag when he came forward to pick it "I can carry it Sir" I said "You don't have to Signora, and its Carlos." he said gently. "Um Signora, you should take a coat or something. It's cold outside" he suggested. "Oh, Ok" I said and realized I was wearing a simple t-shirt and pladed skirt. Well you stay inside for six months you too won't have an idea of the cold outside. "I will get one" I said to him and turned towards my room. "I'd prefer boots over these slippers in this weather" he said with a light chuckle and I smile understanding his point, that I need to change the whole outfit. 

I came inside my room and quickly changed my t-shirt with a white turtle neck sweater, skirt with denims. I wore my knee length leather boots and took the black trench coat.

I came outside and he gave me an approved nod making me chuckle. We went downstairs. I noticed he didn't lock the door behind us. Why will he Sage, when he is taking the captive of this cage with him.

We reached downstairs, the house was just like how I saw it the first day, silent and empty. We reached at the main door and the moment I stepped out it felt surreal...the breeze, the ground, the sun everything was surreal. I felt so alive by just the touch of the light wind as it flows my ponytail. The feeling was ethereal.

"Will you get in, I need to leave today" I heard an impatient voice laced with annoyance and that dragged me out of my high, that nature pulled me into and I moved towards the car.

Carlos kept my bag in the trunk of his jeep and nodded him to confirm. I sat in the passenger seat. I am wearing much more comfortable attire than the last time I rode this car.

"Go-good Mo-orning" I greeted him but there was no response. So I kept quiet too for the rest of the drive.

He drove and the drive was similar to the first one. Silent and long. We reached at the airport? I laughed internally at myself remembering how much I wanted to reach airport or for that matter subway station, the night he caught me and now when I am at airport, I don't have to run. But we took a different entrance than the general public. His car halted at the runway itself. The plane was already there. I recognized it as the private jet of Don's family.

We boarded the flight and soon the very beautiful air hostess welcomed us. She took our coats and served us our drinks. Even she stuttered in front of him. Does she know who he is and what he does?

The flight was not short either, I wonder where we are going, but I couldn't ask him. What does it matter anyway? Weird thing is even the pilot didn't announce. Whatever I thought.

The plane landed and the whole flight he was on his phone. I didn't know I will miss my phone and internet this much. I tried to peep what he is doing or looking at but couldn't make out

The exit too was not from the general public exit. The limo was too on the runway at the airport. It took us to a very extravagant hotel and the incomplete colosseum in the route told me we are in Rome. Why are we here? I never came Italy before but mom told me whenever she and Father goes to Rome it's some very important Mafia business and they generally go every year. Maybe we are here for Matteo's coronation, I guessed.