Chapter 15

Sage

We entered a castle looking ball room on the first floor of the hotel. It was a magnificent party. Everything was so extravagant. The decor was beautiful. There was a champagne fountain in the center. The extravagance of the event told me why he tested me like that, probably didn't want to get embarrassed because of me. Everything here reeks of riches and class.

Everyone is here. My Father and his troop. My mother. As my eyes met hers she smiled with so much love that I wanted to run to her. I was so alone all these months. I needed her, but I didn't know if I should. I thought of turning at him to ask him if I can go see her but before I could turn my Father's back came between us, introducing her with someone who definitely not just shook her hand but also touched her waist. I turn my eyes in disgust. Even here he can't have some respect.

I turned to the other side to see him looking at me. I dropped my gaze. "You want to meet them?" He asked with the compassion I couldn't imagine he have in him. I shook my head because I don't want to meet my Father and I doubt he will leave my mother alone. "We will meet Don first." He said and I nodded.

"Ah finally, I was waiting for my eldest son" said Don stretching his arm but my Master just rolled his eyes and just nodded at him. Acknowledging a greeting. I saw a hint of disappointment in Don but he covered it too soon. "Happy birthday Don" said Azriel. It's his birthday. Seriously a birthday is such a hyped occasion that whole Mafia family is here, in Rome. Snob

"Happy birthday Don" I said with a light bow in courtesy. "Hey I see my favorite daughter in law is here." Like seriously. "So how's my son treating you?" He said and I looked at my husband. "Better than anyone else" I said giving him half smile. "Wow, not the answer I was expecting, but I couldn't find the lie in your eyes" said Don and I smiled at him. I wasn't lying. He though kept me locked in a cage but yet has provided for me. He never lied to me, never said fake I love yous like Justin, neither did he passed me around like a whore like my Father do to my mom. Atleast not yet.

"Sage" I heard my Father from behind. He bowed to Don. "See Romano, your daughter is happy with my decision. I told you that Shadow will suit her more than Matteo" he bragged patting my husband's shoulder. "Yeah whatever, if she had any class, she wouldn't be the slut she became. What upsetting to me was the fact that a bastard can't be a Don." My Father spitted his venom and my hands clenched into fists to control my anger, but my husband, he just smirked. "Romano, Don can be anyone who kills the current Don. If I kill your Don right now, you will be kneeling in front of me." He said with a scoff. How can he talk about killing his father so casually. Even Don avoided the gaze on his comment. "Yeah still I was promised a Don as son in law, not his hitman." My Father continued to disrespect him. "Well you should have controlled your daughter. She shouldn't be whoring around if she wanted to be the Donna." Said Don, wow a minute ago I was the favorite daughter in law and now I am the whore. Bloody hypocrites. That shut my Father and Don left with a smirk to meet someone

"You should thank your God, that you are still breathing to see the next Don" Azriel said creasing my Father's blazer a bit and now I scoffed looking at his terrified form.

"You ungrateful whore" said my Father, guess my reaction was a bit too loud but I don't care. I just rolled my eyes and turned to leave. As I turned my mom came "Sage" she said with her ever tender voice and wanted to hug me. I looked at Azriel and he nodded slightly and that was enough. I stepped towards her and hugged her. She started sobbing "How are you Princess?" She asked breaking the hug. "I am good Mom" I said with an assuring smile. "Mom, Eve?" I asked her because I can see everyone except her and Uncle Brandon. She shook her head "She still hasn't woken up" she told me and my whole guilt and sorrow turned into my anger. I turned to my Father who had an evil smile on his face. "What have you done to her? It's six months. How much have you hurt her?" I sneered at him in anger. "You broke the rules, your sins will have the consequences" he said as if stating a fact. "I broke the rule. I was the one who sinned why is she bearing the consequences, what have you done to her, how cruel and degraded can you be?" I grabbed his collar in sheer anger. "You fucking whore, how dare you" he raised his fist to hit me when Azriel stopped it midway. "Leave" he said to my Father. He looked at him shocked that Azriel took my side. "NOW" said Azriel in all his fury and that made my Father scurried off from there.