Chapter 37

Sage

I woke up to an empty room. Has he left already? No, the chain. I lifted the duvet at an instant and let out a sigh of relief seeing that he has unlocked the shackle already. I started to get up when my eyes went to a sticky note on the bed side chest.

Have some work. Going out. Will be back later. Don't wait up for breakfast.

I kept it back and went to bathroom. I set up the bath and had a long soothing bath with all my favorite bathing salts and fragrances.

Today is the first morning of me as a divorced woman who still lives in her ex-husband's room. What could be weirder than this.

As I lowered myself in the bathtub, I relaxed myself engulfing in soothing water relaxing myself and the first thing I did was crying.

I cried.

I cried my heart out, because he never let me cry.

How Azriel, what shall I do to become the lifeless toy you want me to be and still stay alive. How can you not cry when something is hurting you, how can you not smile when you are happy.

Why, why I was able to feel that emptiness when I was in the penthouse but now when I am around you why I couldn't control my emotions. Why signing those divorce papers was breaking my heart. Why it felt like it's not just your surname is what I lost but a part of me? Why you came into my life? Why you brought me to this side of the house, so close to you and yet so far. It was so much easier when I couldn't see your eyes, it didn't hurt me when I don't have to witness the coldness in your eyes. It was so much easier when I didn't have to sleep next to you and yet feel so detached. It was so much easier when I didn't hear your cold hurtful words, it was so much easier when I just thought that you'd hurt me but not actually felt it. When I didn't know how it felt when you actually hurt me.

After drowning myself in my pity party I got out and started my day with the most difficult task i.e. getting ready. This sprain in my foot and cast in the elbow really makes dressing up difficult. First I unwrapped the plastic cover from the crepe bandage and then changed it. Azriel use to change my bandage everyday re-applying the spray but today he is not here. I wonder where he went so early. Then I shuffled my closet to find an easy dress. Finally I settled on a red chiffon flowy knee length dress that do not have a zipper. I brushed my hair and went out for breakfast. Since I was alone so I didn't bother to strain my hand much and settled on the bowl of cereal.

I knocked at the main door and Carlos opened it "Si Signora?" He asked and I moved towards the kitchen and he followed. I showed him the tray with cereal bowls so that he can take them to the guards since I can't pick it up with one hand and I can't give a lot of strain on the left one. It will require both hands so I avoided but right now even Carlos can't since he had to manage his crunches too so he called the other one and took the breakfast thanking me.

I ate and watched TV and then went inside my room after sometime. I picked up the book he was reading yesterday. Generally I too read the novels that he bring in here at night it helps paas the time. These days he is reading wuthering heights.

I sat on my side of the bed and started reading it. The day went on and I got engrossed in the story.

"Woah dude you have a cool place" a strange voice broke my concentration. I heard a girl's voice, no one comes here. Wondering I closed the book and went outside.

I saw Azriel was there with Dan and there was a girl with him. She was around my age and strangely enough looks quite like me. She too has dark hair. Though her hair are shorter than mine and she has bangs. She looks peppy and bubbly like a girl should be of her age. Carefree. Happy. She too has green eyes which are gawking at the cottage. She was looking around like she saw such a big house for the first time, though this ain't that big house. She looks quite pretty and she is dressed up, looks like coming from some event. She was wearing a knee length fit and flare white dress and even a tiara, on her head and had big hoop earrings. She was dressed but her stance and personality is way too casual like the type punks you see in highschool.