Chapter 4- The Request

Tara couldn't stop thinking about him. He was basically the British government he would find out about her. Would he tell everyone? Or would he understand her need for a fresh start? She knew Mycroft Holmes was the Iceman. He was cold and didn't have a heart. At least, that's what she heard. She hoped it wasn't true. He didn't seem like an emotionless prick to her. She hoped he didn't blow up her life. She didn't want to move her whole life all over again. She just wanted to left alone. She had had enough drama for one life, she doesn't need more. A knock on the door brings Tara out of her thoughts.

'Tara, dear. Are you free? Need to talk to about something?' Mrs. Hudson called from the other side.

'Yes, Mrs. Hudson. Just a sec.' Tara opened the door to find Mrs. Hudson, John, and Rosie on the other side.

'Good Evening Mrs. Hudson, John' 'Rosie' Tara almost squealed as she opened her arms for the girl and she jumps right in.

'Good Evening Dear. We are here about Sherlock' Mrs. Hudson said.

Tara tensed up. Her grip on Rosie slightly tightening 'What about him?' She was nervous. What if Mycroft found out and told Sherlock? Or worse, what if Sherlock deduced it himself? The Holmes brothers would be the end of her.

'Well, it is his birthday in a week and Mrs. Hudson and Rosie insist that we through him a surprise birthday' John explained and relief washed over Tara. Her secret was safe. Well, for now at least.

'Didn't think he was the type to celebrate birthdays.... or anything really for that matter' Tara mused.

'He is not, trust me. A few years ago, I didn't even know when his birthday was, but Rosie and Mrs. Hudson are insistent that we throw him a surprise party.' He said in defeat.

'Daddy we have one for me so we should have one for Uncle Sherlock too' Rosie pouted.

'Fine but considering that it is Sherlock it isn't going to be much of a surprise, he is probably already deduced it' John warned his daughter.

'No Daddy shushhshhhsh....' Rosie panicked and brought her finger to his lips.

Tara and Mrs. Hudson laughed at that and Tara asked 'I am assuming you want me to help with the cake'

'Yes, something that Sherlock would like' Mrs. Hudson confirmed.

'Well! I've never very good at decorating but I'll try' Tara said nervously.

Mrs. Hudson reached for Tara 'Oh sweetheart. I am sure Sherlock will like whatever you make.' At this, John shot Mrs. Hudson a quizzical look, like she didn't know what she was talking about.

'I'm not sure a sugar high will satisfy Sherlock but I will try my best.' at this the three adults laughed and Rosie blinked cluelessly.

'Thank you Dear' Mrs. Hudson said sincerely.

'Oh Mrs. Hudson it's no trouble really' Tara shrugged it off.

'You put up with Sherlock's shootings and you're still making him a cake. You're an angel.' John commented with an amused smile.

Tara chuckled 'Thank you, John'.

'Well, we should leave before Sherlock deduces something. Come on Rosie.' Rosie jumped into her father's arms and waved to Tara 'Bye TM'

'Goodnight Roro' 'Goodnight Mrs. Hudson' 'Goodnight John'

'Goodnight Tara' Mrs. Hudson said

'Goodnight Tara' John called as he left.

Hey Guys! Sorry that this chapter was so short. The next one will be long I promise. If you like it so far please vote, follow and comment. I am open to your feedback and ideas. I'll be posting regularly so if you want to continue reading it, don't forget to add it to your library and your reading list. Please share it with others too. :)

Thank you for reading :)