Chapter 12- The Intervention

'Sherlock, where are we going?' John asked as he put on his jacket

'We are going on a walk' Sherlock said while tying his scarf.

'If we are just going on a walk, we could take Rosie with us'

Sherlock gave his best 'You are an idiot look' 'Don't be silly. Tara needs a reason to be here.'

'I don't understand. Why does Tara have to be here?' John asked.

'Because she needs to fix things with Mycroft' Sherlock cried.

'Wait, wait wait...I don't understand what's going on. And since when do you care about Mycroft's love life?' his brain was spinning with confusion.

'I don't, but if he has one, he wouldn't be bothering us' he told the doctor.

John liked the alternative too and he cared about Tara.

'What do I do?' John asked, totally on board now.

'Text him and call him here. Say it's urgent' Sherlock told him.

'Why don't you text him? He is your brother' John whined.

Sherlock rolled his eyes at the stupidity of the doctor's question. 'As ever Watson you see but not observe. Why would I ask my brother for help? He'll see right through it'

'Right' John sighed at his stupidity 'What about Tara?'

'She thinks she is babysitting Rosie because we are out on a case' Sherlock informed.

'Good' John pulled out his phone and texted Mycroft

Baker Street now. It's Sherlock. Urgent

JW

..........

Tara was reading to Rosie when Mycroft walked in. She looked up at him and was at a loss of words. How could she? She pushed him away without any explanation.

'Where are John and Sherlock?' He broke the silence

'They are out on a case. They'll be here soon. You can wait' She said as she got up from the couch.

'No. I must leave' he said and turned but stopped by a tug on his suit. He looked down and saw it was Rosie. 'Child, let go' he told her, trying not to sound harsh.

'Stay' she said.

He sighed 'I'm afraid I can't' he said flatly.

'Stay. Daddy and Uncle Sherlock will be home soon' she pouted and made puppy eyes.

He wasn't very good with kids and he didn't want to upset Watson's daughter so he surrendered.

'Alright.' he sighed.

He went and sat on the couch, watching Tara read and act out the stories to Rosie.

'Roro, It's time for dinner. Go wash your hands' Tara told her.

'No' The girl folded her hands across her chest.

'Come on, Roro. Don't you want to grow up and become a big girl? If you don't eat you won't become a big girl' she explained to the little girl.

Still no response from the little girl.

'Okay. How about this? If you eat your dinner, I'll make you a fresh batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookies' Tara bribed as her last resort.

'Yes!' Rosie exclaimed and ran to wash her hands.

Rosie came back and started to eat. Halfway through her dinner, she pushed the plate away.