Chapter 9- Happy Together

Hey Guys! If you like it so far please vote, follow and comment. I am open to your feedback and ideas. I love reading your comments and feedback and I really appreciate them. I'll be posting regularly so if you want to continue reading it don't forget to add it to your library and your reading list. Please share it with others too. :)

Mycroft woke up to the sun shining brightly on his face. He looked down at the woman in his arms. Now was probably the time he'd say his heart was out of its bloody mind. Never had he let his heart get the better of his mind.

She slept so peacefully with her head on his chest, her arms wrapped around his waist, and her dark brown hair a scattered mess, tickling his chest. He noticed a tattoo on the back of her neck, it was a lion on a bow and arrow. He could tell from its color, that it had to be at least a decade old. He traced his fingers on her cool honey skin and saw her scars, three distinct wounds, something he had not noticed the previous night. From their color, he deduced that they were all from different occasions but the three other wounds were identical, from the same occasion, he deduced. It pained him to think about it but he still wanted to know the story behind each one of them.

 It pained him to think about it but he still wanted to know the story behind each one of them

Tara stirred awake when she felt Mycroft tracing her scars. She smiled at him. A sly smile playing on his lips as he studied her face which was still adjusting to the light around her. The moment her eyes landed on him he could feel her face light up. That smile, the twinkle in her eyes. For years he had always told himself, and his brother that he wasn't lonely. But now that he knew what he had missed, he was going to make up for all that time he had been on his own.

Tara smiled at him. She couldn't believe what she had done. She had just slept with the Iceman, Sherlock's brother, and a man who could blow up her life. She knew that he knew. He knew everything. She couldn't help herself and had to ask.

'Why didn't you tell Sherlock the truth?' she blurted out.

He didn't expect her to say that first thing in the morning after he had spent the night with her. He didn't expect her to address her past at all but he appreciated that she was being honest.

'What would come out of it? You don't mean any harm, do you?' He asked.

'No, but still. I didn't think you would keep my secret' she looked away. She wasn't sure if she could trust him yet.

'We all have our demons. We don't deserve to be haunted by them for the rest of our lives' he said as he stared up at the ceiling, thinking about his own demons. She looked at him and hesitantly snuggled closer into him. He understood her more than anybody had in a long time, that counted for something even if she couldn't trust him yet.

'You know I never got to try that cake of yours' Mycroft broke the silence and his face split into a sly smile.

She looked up at him and smiled 'Then come by the bakery later and I will make my best chocolate cake, just for you.' she said as she made her finger linger on his chest.

'Maybe I will' Mycroft teased as he pulled her into a kiss, he soon broke it and asked 'What time is it?'

Tara frowned and looked up at the clock '8.30'

'I have a meeting with the prime minister. If I don't leave now, I'll be late' he said and got up hurriedly.

'I understand' she understood that his work was important but didn't want the moment to end. Even though she was surrounded by friends, she was alone. She had been alone for far too long and so had he.

'Don't look so disappointed. I'll come to the bakery in the evening to try that special chocolate cake of yours...' he kissed her '...and maybe later I could take you out on a proper date' he whispered into her lips without pulling away.

'I would love that but before you leave, we could take a quick shower. You know saving water and all...' she had a mischievous look on her face.

'I do like the sound of saving water' he said with a smug smile.

They took a shower, got dressed, and left for work.

............

Tara entered the bakery and instantly felt guilty for leaving Grace to handle the morning rush all by herself. People loved pastries and coffee for breakfast. A crowd had gathered around the counter and Grace was attending to them all alone. She looked very flustered like she would be in a puddle of tears any second. Tara quickly put on her apron and got to work. It took about 2 hours for the rush to clear.

Once everyone was out, Grace was glaring daggers at Tara. Tara thought she could slip into her office and avoid the situation but she couldn't have been more wrong.

'Hey, Boss Lady. Where are you running off too?' Grace said.

'You know I'm still your boss. You can't talk to me like that' Tara stated awkwardly.

'You left me alone in the woods with a pack of wolves' Grace sounded like she was going to cry.

'I am really sorry, Grace. It was Sherlock's birthday and I stayed up late' she lied partly. She was feeling really guilty. Grace was just a young girl. She wasn't used to handling rush hours alone.

'Are you lying?' Grace asked knitting her eyebrows.

'No' Tara said defensively.

Grace observed her boss as she flushed red and noticed the hickey on her neck. 'Did you get laid?' she burst into laughter.

Tara flushed even more. 'No' she almost shouted.

'Oh my God! You totally got laid. You have that post-coital glow. Walk of Shame' Grace was laughing hard.

'Stop it. I am your boss for heaven's sake' Tara scolded, but how could she be taken seriously when she was blushing so hard.

'It's ok, Tara. I understand. But next time give me a heads up. Will you?' Grace was still laughing her heart out. She struggled to catch her breath.

'You know what? I'm going to be in my office' Tara said and walked away hiding her blush.

'Walk of Shame' Grace called out after her boss.

Thank you for reading. If you liked this chapter please vote, comment, and follow. :)

Edited By- Akshita765