Chapter Twenty Seven

Isaac's POV

I actually don't ride back home with Pops.

He hops into one of his SUV with his guys to go handle a couple more errands, as I drive his G wagon back home, well back to the warehouse at least.

I climb out of his car and lock it, I'm about to jump into my own car when I decide that this is probably the best and only time that I'm gonna get to go see Ric while my father is out, while Don is out.

The warehouse is quiet as I step inside of it, it's nearly empty, most of the guys are out handling business or sleeping in rooms from the shift change, it's where Don's at right now.

At home.

Sleeping.

Far away from here.

I really don't need him to snitch me out to my father.

No one bedsides pops and Don are allowed to see Patrick, until said otherwise.

I begin to make my way downstairs rather than using the elevator. I knew better than to use the elevator the guys would see me on the camera, they'll see what level I stop on, they'll immediately notify pops and he'll most likely come reining hell.

This way if I take the stairs, I can stall a bit, I can dodge some of the main cameras, hiding, avoiding direct contact with the monitors.

I stand behind the second floor door and peak through the small window to see the little red light next to the camera in the upper left corner, they're definitely on, they're definitely watching.

Fuck. I should've grabbed a hoodie or at least a hat to hide some of my face.

So much for trying to be sneaky.

I'm about to turn back around and head upstairs, getting caught really ain't worth the ass beating, I also wouldn't want to make things worse for Ric, when I hear someone coming down the stairs

Cazzo.

I'm being met by pops medical guy Leonard a couple seconds later.

"Isaac?" He frowns, clinging onto the medical kit that he has hanging off of his shoulder. He starts to softly shake his head, "the hell are you doing down here kid?"

"I could ask you the same thing," I instantly fired back.

Which is stupid, I know why he's down here, he's probably coming down to check on Ric.

Leo frowns as he takes a few steps towards me,, "I'm doing something called my job, so why don't you do us both a favor and get out of here, KP, I never saw you."

I nod my head about to head back up the stairs when something suddenly hits me and I'm turning around to face Leonard again, confused as hell.

"What?" He grumbles.

"You just checked on Ric before pops and I headed out this morning," I frowned and picked up my arm, glancing at my watch. "His next check up is in about two hours..."

Leo scoffs softly, "go home, Isaac."

Something doesn't feel right and it immediately bothers me, in fact it begins to upsets me.

"Why'd you take the stairs?" I question, slowly moving my hand towards my back, gripping my gun. "You always come down in the elevator."

He shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly, "haven't had time to go to the gym in a couple days, this is the closest i've come to getting some cardio in."