Chapter Thirty Six.

Surprise shawty, I'm back 😩 lmao anywhooo it's way passed midnight as always so ignore all & every typos when you come across them please! You know the drill, I'll be back edit later when I have a little more life in me lol Also peep my baby Ric's edit tho 🥺 *chefs kiss* enjoy 🤍

Isaac's POV

"How's your shoulder?" Pops asked, sitting to the left of me, gently tapping it.

We were currently in his G wagon on our way to meet up with Roxwell and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. It took a while to break my dad in, to even get him to listen to me, but he eventually caved in and agreed to hear Cris out and what he has to offer.

Pops was definitely taking enough back up, enough men, to take down a whole small village.

We had about three SUVs following behind us, along with four bikes, Sax and Ric being one of those guys of course.

Things between Ric and I have gone back to being rocky, he's still isolating himself, but at least he's staying out of trouble, he's staying clean, he's doing what Rodriguez asked him to do.

Hailey swears that he is okay, he's just trying to find himself, he's trying to learn how to be okay on his own, but he doesn't need to do it alone, Dion, Ang, and I are here for him, Vinny and Albert as well, his friends are here for him.

I stretch my arm out in front of him, "it's doing better, doesn't ache as much anymore."

"I want you to do more PT with Jer, I want you at 100% when everything decides to go down."

I nod silently.

"Do you actually trust this kid, Isaac? Are you sure that this isn't just some type of set up?"

I sat quietly in the passenger seat for a couple seconds, "I want to trust him," I answered truthfully. "I don't think he's setting us up, Pops, you didn't hear his voice, I think he's in love with Hailey, he wouldn't do anything to put her in danger, he's trying to make up for what Verdino did."

"That I believe," he turns to look at me, I frown. "When you were in your induce coma she begged me not to do anything to Roxwell, to spare his life for sparing hers and I was perfectly fine with it, an eye for an eye, but when I went to go talk to him, something told me that he had some type of feelings for her."

"Yeah I saw that shit a few months back..."

"And you're okay with it?" Pops asked.

"No," I answer bitterly, "but what am I supposed to do dad? He actually means something to her, I'm not gonna take anymore people she cares about away from her."

Pops scoffs loudly as we come to a red light, "that right there son, that's called growth."

"It's stupid thats what it is," I mumble under my breath.

Pops smiles, "hey just think of it like this son, if he really is setting us up, if he really is thinking about crossing us, I'll personally let you put a bullet in his head."

I turn to look at my father, a now small smile on my face that doesn't last long, "he's not, something deep in my gut tells me that he's being sincere."

"Time will tell," he says and we're pulling into the alley behind the restaurant we're meeting Cris at, it's actually Hailey's favorite, and my fathers.

Pops has two guys stay in the back, two more in the front, as four more follow us into the restaurant, Ric and Milo Sax being one of the four idiots.