Chapter Forty.

Babygirl's POV are finally back! Missed the little shawty :') anyways it's late af but it is what it is happy thanksgiving babies I hope you guys enjoy this chapter because we're in for a riiideee. Ignore all typos please ya know I'll be back later. Tootles ❤️

Hailey's POV

Don't overthink it, stop it, he's fine, you're fine, you're gonna work yourself up for no reason, I mentally tell myself over and over until I start to believe it.

I haven't talked to Isaac in over four hours when he texted me to tell me that they had landed, he said he would call me right before boarding the plane again but that was a little over four hours ago now and I still haven't not heard anything.

I'm not the only one that's worried though, Mrs. Matteo is getting anxious especially since her son didn't show up for dinner, knowing damn well that was his curfew hour and it's uncommon for Isaac to miss dinner time, any meal really because he knows how much they mean to his mom.

It's actually not common for Isaac to go without checking in for this long after what happened when we broke up so I know that even Carmelo's on edge, but per usual he's trying to play it off for his wife's sake because no one came down for dinner, including myself.

I'm actually outside in the backyard hanging out with waffles because I was starting to feel a little suffocated in the house and needed some air.

Beven has come to check on me a couple times as he heads to his living area to grab a couple things, attempting to reassure me that everything would be fine, attempting to feed me, attempting to feed the family but everyone's in their own little bubble right now.

I went into the pool house for a bit to check to see if Waffles had any food and water in his bowl since they added a little doggy to one of the doors so he can go in and out, which just so happens to be across Beven's room and started to feel the air really thin in there as well so therefore the backyard patio is the winner.

Waffles actually spends majority of his time in Beven's room, the two are actually inseparable because Bevens always has him in his room with him, he actually feels like B's dog more than mine nowadays.

Waffles brings me his yellow tennis ball dropping it near my feet and I'm leaning over to grab it and throw it across the yard, he instantly takes off after it.

I grab my phone from the table in front of me and attempt to call Isaac one last time but the phone doesn't even ring this time, it goes straight to voicemail and my chest instantly feels tight as I hang up the call and go into my 'find my' app to check his location.

He was back in the city when I checked it over an hour ago which is why I'm able to breathe a little bit because at least he was back at home, but my anxiety is starting to get high again.

I watch the little spin wheel spin for a couple seconds trying to pull up his location when it stops and it's saying 'no location found' meaning his phone probably died, as always.

Frustrated, I placed my phone back onto the table, "great."

I quickly turn to look behind me when I hear a deep chuckle to find Carmelo standing at the patio door, a mug in his hand as he slowly makes his way over, taking a sip of whatever he's drinking.

"Need some company?"

I smile and nod my head as I wave to the empty chairs, "sure."

Carmelo smiles back faintly and is taking a seat in his lawn chair next to me, Waffles instantly runs over to him and starts to invade his space.