Chapter Thirty Four.

Hailey's POV

"Have you told him yet?" Milo questions as he speed walks on the treadmill beside mine.

I look behind me, towards where Isaac's dad is standing, he's towards the back of the gym with Don, as Don shows him a folder filled with loads and loads of papers as Carmelo chugs his yellow gatorade, a clearly annoyed look on his face.

I shake my head no as I continue to softly jog on my treadmill.

Milo and I have been training every single morning together for the past two weeks now. Milo does his physical therapy for his shoulder as I train one on one with the big guy himself.

Apparently, him taking time out of his mornings has really set him back with work because the time that he would use to have morning meetings with his men, he now chose to spend it with me, trying to create a little badass who can defend and save her ass without having to rely on a man.

I'm also not an early morning person and Carmelo picked up on this quickly and actually pushed training time to 9am rather than 7am, which I completely appreciate because both Matteo men are up at the crack of dawn breaking a sweat.

Milo's actually already up and at the warehouse by the time I show up for my training. Things were definitely pretty awkward for the first few days, I didn't want to be anywhere near him, nor did he want anything to do with me, but my charm always reals everyone in.

Milo's actually the one who broke the ice first, I had no intentions in being his friend. He bluntly admitted one morning if he was extra rude that I accept his apology right there and then because it was his brothers, Fonzy's birthday, and he wasn't taking it lightly, I simply offered to hear him out if he needed someone to talk to.

He of course didn't open up and vent to me, not that I expected him to, Milo's the type of guy who didn't trust easily and believe me I in no way trusted the man either.

I just so happen to tell him yesterday morning that my dad and I are actually planning to go to breakfast together tomorrow morning and I didn't know how to tell the man that I wasn't coming to training, especially after he chewed my ass out for missing a couple days ago. Isaac and I went on a double date with Dion and Angela to dinner and a bar and did a little more drinking than we intended and slept through every one of his alarms.

I didn't need Carmelo's approval or permission to go have breakfast with my dad, I was going regardless of his answer. I just hate feeling like I'm letting him down after he told me he was disappointed with me that day at the hospital.

Isaac and I both got an earful after we made it back home from Carmelo and I was so sure that he was going to put his hands on Isaac at one point, but surprisingly he didn't, thank god.

He made it very clear that should we ever disrespect him like that and go behind his back, we wouldn't just be burying one body but two and that was enough for me to beg Isaac to just leave things alone, Ric's a big boy if he wants to continue destroying his life to just let him be, if he doesn't learn anything after this then there's nothing else we could do for him.

To our surprise Ric did pick up his act, according to Isaac he was at rocall the next morning, which we totally weren't expecting him to be back so soon, he had the chance to get away with Carmen so they can be happy together and he didn't take it, he choose to actually come back, for everyone's safety of course.

I've actually been thinking a lot about Carmen and the letter she mentioned. A part of me wants to go get it, get a little type of comfort, but then again a part of me wants nothing to do with it because my brain is programmed to automatically expect the worst and I'm afraid of what it'll say.