Chapter Twenty Eight.

Hailey's POV

"Where are you and Angela gonna eat at sweetheart?"

My dad's voice continues to fill Isaac's bathroom up, I currently had him on speaker as I continued to get ready. He was away on business so he couldn't come visit and that instantly made me sad, I missed him so much, I was dying to see him and hug him already.

"Honestly I don't know," I say, placing my straightener down on the counter unplugging it from the wall. "Angela mentioned this new little cafe/bakery with a cute little patio so I think that's where we're going."

"Do you have money on you?" Dad asked.

I softly snort, "I always have money on me dad."

"Your money," he clarifies. "Do you have any of our money on you?"

"Yes," I sigh trying to comfort him. "Can I ask you something daddy?"

"Of course, what's going on, honey?"

I swallow the lump that has formed at the back of my throat as I think back to Angela's conversation the other night.

"Between your dad and mine, yours definitely makes more than mine."

"H-how, how much money do you exactly have dad?"

He inhales deeply, "you know, I've thought about this moment numerous times. How would I even answer it, how would it make you feel, how would I feel, would I be completely honest with you, would it change things, and honestly I still don't know how to answer it.. Just know baby that we live very comfortably."

"Could you pay off my tuition if you wanted and still live comfortably?" I asked, trying to go a different route.

"Yes," he answers. "And I have."

"Have what?"

"Paid your school loans."

"Dad-"

"You don't ever have to worry about money, okay, sweet heart."

"That's insane," I mumble. "Why don't you spend more of it, why don't you spend it on yourself, dad, buy a bigger house, your dream car, anything."

"Because I don't have the need to. I own the house that you and your brother grew up in, it has too much sentimental value to leave. My car runs perfectly fine, should it break down then maybe i'll consider something a little more luxury, but I'm content in life, I don't need much more."

God can this man get anymore humble.

"What if it works out with Ana, dad? What if you guys get married and she wants to move because she doesn't want to live in mom's old house?"

"Then we'll cross that bridge when it comes sweetheart," I can practically hear the smile in his voice.

I reach for my phone, "how is the girlfriend by the way?" I asked while walking out of the bathroom.

My dad chuckles softly, "she's not my girlfriend, Hail."

"Dad, you see her almost on a daily basis, she goes to the house to cook for you, takes you lunch, cleans up the house from what Caleb's told me, she's definitely your girlfriend, you need to make it official already."

"Official?"

"Yes," I exhale. "You know, you need to pop the big question already."

"What question? The hell are you talking about, Hail."