ₚᵣₒₗₒᵤGₑ

-Third person-

A cry of a just born baby could be heard from deep inside the forest as the married couple had their first born baby. The baby's mother smiled weakly at the crying infant that laid in her arms,"I'll name you, Alluka," She told the infant as her husband had just walked into the room with a glass of water in hand.

"Drink this, dear," The father told her wife. She opened her mouth weakly as she allowed the liquid to go down her throat. "Are you feeling alright? Do you need anything?" The husband asked as he set down the now half filled glass of water. Alluka's mother softly chuckled,"Maybe some rest. I'm too tired to do anything after just giving birth," The husband smiled down at her wife who was looking at the now squirming baby. "I'll leave you to that then," Alluka's Father quietly left the room, letting her wife regain her energy.

What both parents failed to notice was the dark aura that started surrounding the little infant who was now sleeping soundly. As weeks turned months, both parents watched as the infant grew into a small child. Nothing seemed wrong with their little Alluka, so they let her be alone with her mother, while her father tended to the farms. One day while Alluka was out with her mother, strange creatures started appearing in the dark places of the village. Strange enough, she didn't tell her mother about the weird creatures appearing out of nowhere, and her mother didn't think much of it when Alluka would be staring into the distance. She only thought she was looking at the stalls the village had set up for the vendors.

The months turned into years as Alluka stared into the wall completely ignoring her toy that was about to fall out of her hand. Alluka pointed to the edge of the wall,"Momma? What's that on the wall," She asked. When her mother looked over to where she was pointing, she was confused to just see thin air. "What's what, dear? Momma, doesn't see anything?" Mother quizzically said. Alluka looked to her mother then back to the wall, there was certainly something there.

The only thing she could see was a fly like creature that was as big as a bowl holding onto the wall, though she couldn't describe what rest of it was since it was so...ugly. "It must be your imagination dear. You know what I always say!" Mother exclaimed,"Children always have big imaginations!" Mother turned back to stirring the metal pot and took a sip of the liquid. Her face lit up from tasting whatever was in the pot, "Alluka, dear! Will you like to come over and taste the soup Momma has made?" Alluka's face contorted into a big smile as she always loved the cooking of her mother's. She quickly stood up and dashed over to the kitchen where her mother was waiting for her presence.

She lifted the big spoon and started blowing on the hot soup to bring the temperature down for the child that was happily waiting to taste test it. "Say 'ahh!' Alluka!" Her mother said. "Ahh!" Alluka opened her mouth allowing her mother to slowly pour some of the warm soup into her mouth. Just like her mother, Alluka's face lit up in delight after tasting the flavorful soup. "It's delicious Mommy!" Alluka chirped happily. Her mother softly giggled, "Thank you my little munchkin," Alluka's mother turned back to stirring the soup, when the front door of the small house opened. "Dear! I'm home!" Father announced.

Alluka's smile widened when she heard her father's voice, she dashed out the kitchen and to the front door where her father was taking off his shoes. "Papa!" Alluka exclaimed. "Oh, hey munchkin!" Father said as he took off his last shoe. He went up to grab the small child as Alluka wrapped her small arms around her fathers neck. "How are you Alluka!" The child giggled, "Me and Momma were making soup for you! You should come and taste it!" The small child jumped out of her fathers grasp and jogged back into the kitchen to where her mother was silently listening to the conversation that was happening outside.

When her father made it to the kitchen he headed over and kissed his wife's cheek. "Hey, honey." She smiled at him, while still stirring the pot. "Hello, dear." Her husband looked down onto the pot, "Is this the famous soup I've heard so much about from Alluka," This time his wife kissed his cheek, "Yes, it is dear," Alluka's mother told him sweetly. "Papa, papa! Let's play dress up after dinner!" Her father scratched his neck, "While I'm still dirty from tending to the fields? Let me go shower and eat then we can play alright?" Alluka beamed from her Father's answer. "Be quick then!" Her father nodded as he made his way to the bathroom to get cleaned.

Dinner went by as normal as Alluka added her own things into her parents conversation. Soon after some father daughter bonding time, Alluka's father let her go to sleep while he made his way to his own bedroom which was shared with his wife. Just when he opened the door, he stopped in his tracks to see his wife pacing around the room looking distressed. "Hey, what's wrong honey? Did something happen?" Father questioned. "Nothing happened, it's just Alluka said that there was something in the corner of the room when there was nothing, but air. I'm concerned for her, do you think she hallucinating? Is she diagnosed with something, what about-," Father stopped her rambling by grasping her hands. "Whatever it is, I'm sure it is nothing serious," Mother sighed, feeling a rock being lifted from her shoulders. "I hope not,"

Soon, years pass by and Alluka was now at the age of 5. Today was her day to go to the doctors. After the incident of Alluka apparently hallucinating, her father had decided it was best for her to do a yearly check up from the doctor to see if it was a recurring thing. They soon deducted that it definitely was not, but still brought her to the doctors just to be sure.  As quick as they went in, they were able to go out without any difficulties.

Alluka stretched her arms over the head before relaxing her shoulder muscles. "Alluka, are you feeling alright?" Her father asked. It was a simple question whenever their visit to the doctor ended. "Mhm! Just fine!" Alluka smiled brightly at him, though somehow she could see that he looked distressed about something. "L-let's get home then," her father announced as they began their walk home.

Alluka began to think.

Her father had just stuttered. It may be a common thing in most males or females, but never in her life had she heard her father stutter like that. Though Alluka brushed it off as the father and daughter continued on with their path. Once the duo had neared the clearing to her family's home, she could feel a ominous presence lurking around seemingly searching for something or someone. Though, then again, she didn't think much of it as they were deep in the woods since that was where their house resided. "Alluka, you go on ahead while Papa goes to check on the field alright?" Her father told her. She nodded as she walked toward the house, and opened the front door after taking her shoes off.

"Momma, I'm home!" Alluka announced as she entered the house. Just around the corner she can see her mother turn her back to face her and greeted her with a warm smile. "Hello, dear. " she greeted, "Where is your father?" Alluka took a moment to recite his words. "Oh! He said he was going to check on the fiel-" She started to say before a yell erupted through the air. 'YOOUUU MOONNSSSTTTEERR!!' Alluka's mother quickly turned off the stove and rushed through the front door, not caring if her feet was getting dirty with Alluka trailing closely behind, also with no shoes.

Her father swung the sharp axe at the deformed creature trying to slice its arm off, though it proved to be futile. Swing after swing her father would get tired and loose his balance leaving him wide open. The creature took the chance to swing its many arms hitting her father in various spots. His ribs were definitely broken with a definite fractured arm too. All Alluka and her mother could do was watch in horror, mostly her mother. Somehow, the gruesome sight didn't faze the small child at all, although she was worried for the outcome of her father. Once the monster was done, it stared down at the bloodied body of Alluka's father. Her mother let out a ear piercing scream, while Alluka ran to grab the axe.

Holding the hilt of the axe, she held it over her head and also let out a battle cry for herself. It starting getting imbued with a dark aura she would later on learn as cursed energy. She let go of the axe as it flew straight into the monsters chest and exploded right after. She huffed out a breath as she felt that it wasn't going to be the last time she was going to see creatures like that.

And she collapsed.

-

A/N: First chapter done! Tried to make it longer, but got lazy lmao.

I'll see whoever decides to read this, in the next chapter! Comment and tell me if there were any spelling mistakes!
-rei