Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₅ ₋ dₑcₑₐₛₑd

Megumi waited anxiously for Itadori and Alluka to emerge from the now normal detention center. He had to admit, he was feeling pretty guilty for forgetting about the other female, but who could he really blame when there was a giant facility that anyone can hide in.

As seconds passed by, the more anxious he got. God, it felt like hours to him. Should he have gone in to help? What if they were laying dead on the ground waiting for him to discover their unmoving corpses? What if there was something he could've prevent? What if—

"Sorry for the wait,"

Megumi looked up from the sudden voice, only to be met with Sukuna holding Alluka in his arms. Her face away from his. Megumi gritted his teeth. "What did you do to her?!"

"Her?" Sukuna stared down at the female, "Nothing really," he told her. It was true, this was all just an act. Another part of their plan. Sukuna's hand moved to her head and started stroking her dark hair. "Alluka,"

She looked up from her name being called. "Go run off somewhere, I'll be right behind you," he promised. A smile formed on her face. "Okay!" Sukuna set her down onto the ground, letting her run off as she pleased. At that moment, Megumi realized she wasn't actually lying.

"—he let me have my free roam as long as I came back to him anyway,"

Megumi started getting into a fighting stance. In the corner of his eyes, he could see Alluka fleeing the scene with some shadows, he guessed. It didn't matter right now though, he turned his attention back to the curse.

"I'm in a great mood right now. Let's chat for a bit," He suggested. "This is what he gets for trying to use me without any kind of pact. Feels like he's having some trouble switching back. Still, though... it's only a matter of time,"

He placed his hands onto the rim of the hoodie and ripped it off with ease, showing off the tattoos on his chest. "So... I thought about what I could do right now," Megumi gasped when he connected the dots. The curse grinned and thrusted his hand into where his heart should be. Pulling it out effortlessly.

"Wh- what are you..." Megumi stumbled. "I'm taking this brat hostage," his eyes showed a crazed look. "Hostage?!" Megumi repeated. "Yeah. I can live without this, but that ain't true for the brat," he threw the dismembered organ away.

"Switching out with me means he dies. Also..." Sukuna revealed the finger he obtained from the other curse. "For a good measure," he let the finger slide down, swallowing the object. "With that, I'm free as a bird. You can be frightened now. I'll kill you! For no particular reason,"

"Our positions are reversed now," Megumi mumbled. He got into his fighting stance again. "You just don't get it. He's... Itadori's coming back. Even if that means he'll die. That's just who he is."

"You give him too much credit. This guy's just a little tougher and denser than other humans. Just a moment ago, he was scared out of his mind, on the verge of death, and prattling on about his regrets and all that nonsense. I know for a fact he doesn't have the guts to kill himself,"

Megumi's hands trembled as he made up his mind. He was going to make Sukuna heal Itadori's heart one way or another. He put his hands together, forming a hand sign. From the shadows, a large bird emerged from it.

The curse ran his hands through his pink hair. "I'm finally outside, after all. Let's use the open space,"

Megumi sent a kick to the curse, though he moved away easily. Every punch he sent was easily evaded by another dodge. "Interesting. You use Shikigami, but you'll still come at me yourself?" He gathered. The large bird flew down to the curse hoping to harm it, though that was also futile.