Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₀.₃

(Longer chapter!)

The sound of a door being opened could be heard as someone walked in.

"Alluka, it's time to wake up," A voice said. Slightly opening my eyes, I could see Momma looking at me from a chair seated in the room. "Huh? It's already morning?" I asked. "The sun is already up and I have to get ready to go to the district," Momma informed. "Did something happen? Is that why you're in my room?" I figured.

Momma sighed, "Unfortunately. There has been sightings of a man with four arms roaming through these forests, going to villages to cause chaos," I monologued, "Chaos? B- but, then why are you going to the district?" I sat up to talk to Momma better, "What if he attacks the neighboring village near our home! I- I can't loose you too! Not after Papa's death," I pleaded.

Momma tucked a strand of hair behind her head and sighed, "It can't be helped. If I don't sell the crops then what will we have to eat the next few weeks?" Momma looked down to her hands that were placed in her lap, "I'd have to go sooner or later or else we'll starve for the oncoming weeks," I shook my head. "No...No! There has to be another way! Can't you go tomorrow?" I pleaded, "Or the day after that? What will I do without you?"

Momma caressed my cheek. "I'll be fine. When I'm gone, there is enough leftovers for you to eat in the fridge. (Do they even have fridges in the Heian period?)" Momma leaned in and placed a tender kiss on my forehead. "You'll do fine no matter where I am. My spirit will always be with you anyway,"

I frowned,

"Promise me you'll stay safe?"

"Promise,"

-

After that, Momma left to go to the village while I was left alone in the house until she came back. 'Isn't there something, interesting, we can do while your mother is gone?' Nanika spoke. "She said there are some leftovers in the fridge we can eat if we are hungry," I shrugged.

Nanika snapped her fingers, 'I know! We can practice your jujutsu!' I shook my head ,"I don't think we'll ever need to use it," Nanika sighed, 'We better be safe than sorry. Even if you are deep in the woods with little inhabitants, curses can still be formed with negative energy that emit off people,'

"Fine, only because you said it's to be safer," I could basically see Nanika's smile stretching from that answer. 'Alright! I'd go outside for this. Practicing jujutsu can be quite messy.' Once we were outside Nanika started spitting out instructions. 'Hmmm, now let's see. We already figured out that you can create weapons and move the darkness around you at will. I wanna see you try if you can create animals.'

"Animals? Mm, I never thought of that," I said. 'You never know unless you try. Now start going to the shade under the tree over there.' Nanika instructed.

On the left side of the yard, there was a decently sized tree that was there even before Papa and Momma decided to create their family here. Luckily, they didn't want to cut down the tree and added it to one of the many plants in the back yard.

I walked over to the tree and closed my eyes to focus on the shadows and darkness around. 'Imagine an animal. Construct that idea into your head.' Nanika said. I lowered myself onto the ground and sat on it, picturing a small bird. 'Try to be more specific, you'll get a better idea if you know what your looking for.' Nanika said.

Slowly the darkness swirled and molded itself. When I opened my eyes, a small dark bird stayed laying in the palm of my hands. 'See? Now I don't think it was that hard.' My smile stretched wildly. "It- it's a bird!" I laughed,"I did it! Haha, what other animals can we create?" There was silence before Nanika spoke,